+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University got suspended for ECA, but...

notMKS

Mar 1, 2021
Hello,
I recently came across a list of universities of India which got suspended from evaluations of ICES, https://www.bcit.ca/files/ices/pdf/ices_indian__universities_institutions.pdf. The list is big and scary to be honest and will crush a lot of dreams also. My question is that this list came out in Feb of 2020, what if someone had got an evaluation done before Feb 2020 and their evaluation had gone thru what happens to that evaluation? Is it still valid? Can ECA be revoked after 3~4 years.

PS: I know the evaluations are valid for 5 years only.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hello,
I recently came across a list of universities of India which got suspended from evaluations of ICES, https://www.bcit.ca/files/ices/pdf/ices_indian__universities_institutions.pdf. The list is big and scary to be honest and will crush a lot of dreams also. My question is that this list came out in Feb of 2020, what if someone had got an evaluation done before Feb 2020 and their evaluation had gone thru what happens to that evaluation? Is it still valid? Can ECA be revoked after 3~4 years.

PS: I know the evaluations are valid for 5 years only.
Its best to check with the agency doing the evaluation whether they recognize the institution or not. For example in your ICES list the first University listed is A.K.S. University Madhya Pradesh and is apparently recognized by WES:

https://applications.wes.org/required-documents/Search/Result?cId=2&eId=38&iNm=A.K.S. University, Madhya Pradesh&cNm=Bachelor in Animation and Multimedia Technology&iSec=University Education&iSub=Bachelor's Degree Programs&comp=1&isEca=True

notMKS

Mar 1, 2021
Its best to check with the agency doing the evaluation whether they recognize the institution or not. For example in your ICES list the first University listed is A.K.S. University Madhya Pradesh and is apparently recognized by WES:

https://applications.wes.org/required-documents/Search/Result?cId=2&eId=38&iNm=A.K.S. University, Madhya Pradesh&cNm=Bachelor in Animation and Multimedia Technology&iSec=University Education&iSub=Bachelor's Degree Programs&comp=1&isEca=True
Thanks for your reply,
I may have not explained my question well enough. The list issued by ICES is on Feb 2020, if someone ad got ECA from ICES of one of the university listed in the list say in 2019 or 2018, what happens to those ECAs are they still valid or revoked or ... ?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Thanks for your reply,
I may have not explained my question well enough. The list issued by ICES is on Feb 2020, if someone ad got ECA from ICES of one of the university listed in the list say in 2019 or 2018, what happens to those ECAs are they still valid or revoked or ... ?
I understand your question, so think it in this way - what if one agency recognizes while the other doesn't, like the example I gave? Which certificate will IRCC accept, considering that each is issued by one of their authorized designated evaluating partners. My surmise is that, if they have evaluated a credential, it should get accepted unless the report falls in the the below category:

Link:
If your report shows that your credential isn’t equal to a completed Canadian credential or the foreign educational institution is not recognized:
  • you won’t meet the education requirement under the Federal Skilled Workers Program
  • you won’t get any points for it
If the institution is not recognized, they won't evaluate your degree in the first place, is what I understand. Coming to IRCC, it looks like they will base the CRS assessment solely based on the ECA report. However, the most important thing is that, the agency must be wiling to back their reports issued before that date for these institutions at the time IRCC does the eligibility check. And only ICES can answer that, try reaching out to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: klausmike