+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Universities/ Programs eligible with 5.5 bands IELTS score!

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
scylla said:
Actually, the good universities require strong IELTS scores in addition to good academics. Capilano University is not a good university - that's why it accepts low IELTS scores.
Hey hey there?
How can u say capilanou university is not a good university??
Please explain this point ??

Tanyshka

Nov 23, 2014
Hey guys!
I had overall 5.5 band IELTS. But also i'll be graduating at this autumn from University where i was studied on English at all. I wanna take postgraduate certificate ( 2 year program) in one of the colleges of Toronto, Ontario. Does anybody have some suggestions about colleges !? may be you'll recommending to me some of them?!

Thank ypu very much ;D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hardeep bal said:
Hey hey there?
How can u say capilanou university is not a good university??
Please explain this point ??
Well I was born in Canada. So it's quite easy for me to say which universities are good and which aren't. You probably know how good the universities are in your own country since you were born there - it's the same for me as a born-Canadian.

And if you don't believe me, have a look at some of these rankings:

http://www.webometrics.info/en/North_america/Canada

Capilano is also NOT included in Maclean's annual survey which is probably the most recognized university survey in Canada. The reason why Capilano is not in the Maclean's survey is because they have declined to participate. Capilano will probably give all sorts of excuses as to why they have decided not to participate. But everyone knows the reality - poor universities often refuse to participate in this survey to avoid getting a low ranking.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
No Canadian public university offers bad quality of education. Capilano University is one of the very few institutions who got the university status from the government.

I picked up something from wikipedia:

Capilano was authorized by the provincial government in 2003 to become the first college in British Columbia to independently grant applied degrees after the dissolution of the B.C. Open University. Capilano was also named by the provincial government as host of the British Columbia Centre for Tourism Leadership and Innovation in 2004, in preparations for the 2010 Winter Olympics. In 2008, Capilano became a candidate for accreditation with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, joined the OpenCourseWare consortium, and was redesignated as a university.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
scylla said:
Well I was born in Canada. So it's quite easy for me to say which universities are good and which aren't. You probably know how good the universities are in your own country since you were born there - it's the same for me as a born-Canadian.

Capilano is also NOT included in Maclean's annual survey which is probably the most recognized university survey in Canada. The reason why Capilano is not in the Maclean's survey is because they have declined to participate. Capilano will probably give all sorts of excuses as to why they have decided not to participate. But everyone knows the reality - poor universities often refuse to participate in this survey to avoid getting a low ranking.
As you mentioned in this link ..
I would like to suggest you to REOPEN THIS LINK..
AND YOU WILL SEE THERE ARE 330 TOTAL UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES IN THIS WEB LINK
CAPLIANOU UNIVERSITY IS ON RANK NO 100 OUT OF 330
And one more thing- capilanou university excellence rank is equivalent to royal roads university,GBC,HUMBER AND many others..
THEN ,HOW CAN YOU SAY IT IS NOT A GOOD UNIVERSITY...
PLEASE THROW SOME LIGHT THERE...

gillkaur19

Nov 22, 2014
scylla said:

tell me ke kwantlen polytechnic university surrey is good or not I got admission in this university for bachelor of business administration in accounting

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
scylla said:

Is that list even accurate??

I got rejected in carleton and got accepted in Dalhousie

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
All Canadian universities are good in their quality of education delivery. If you get admissions, you do not need to worry about the quality.

Even the study permit approval rate in the universities is better than SPP colleges. You file under University category and not under SPP category.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vash021 said:
Is that list even accurate??

I got rejected in carleton and got accepted in Dalhousie
It's pretty accurate.

Most Canadians would say Dal is a better university than Carleton. I would certainly attend Dal over Carleton. So you were accepted by the better school. Congrats.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
harpreet1990singh said:
It is easy to get visa with 5 or 5.5 bands ielts if university give admission . University require good academic and not good ielts.
Here you will find what IELTS scores are required by Canadian universities/colleges: http://www.degrees.ca/ielts/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
aminbhamani said:
do universities accept 6.0 bands overall with listening 6.0,writing 6.5,reading 6.0 but 5.0 band in speaking
Generally you need a minimum score of 6 in each category if you are planning on taking a bachelor degree. So you need to increase your speaking score. If you are planning on taking a Masters, you want to score at least 6.5 in each of the four categories.

priyariya

Aug 11, 2016
Talha Gujjar said:
there is no such thing like that my friend have got his visa on 5.0 & is currently studying in canada if the university accepts you then the visa officer is ok with that they can't recject your application on the basis of low ielts.you can even apply with an ielts score of 5.0 in each component.
Hi talha i am priya i am having ielts score 5.5 and cgpa 8.09 can u please suggest me for any university for pgd please i wanted to apply for this spring 2017.

priyariya

Aug 11, 2016
harpreet1990singh said:
University admission easy to get visa. Why you worry. Many university take admission in 5.5. My friend going to new yourk institute of technology with 5.5
hi i am priya i am having my ielts score 5.5 and cgpa 9.08 can anyone guide me for which university can i apply for pgd in canada or anywhere please anyone help me.. i wanted to apply for spring 2017. And i am education level 15 years.