+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

universities in Canada has no tuition deposit for international students

Pacifique34

Aug 8, 2022
Hello, everyone can u help me to give me the names of universities or colleges in Canada has no tuition deposit for international students? please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, everyone can u help me to give me the names of universities or colleges in Canada has no tuition deposit for international students? please
All would have some deposit even if a few hundred dollars. Why would you not pay a deposit when you have to show tuition payment for study permit application.

Reactions: SasaBasi

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Sure, here are some universities or colleges in Canada that have no tuition deposit for international students:
  • Athabasca University:This university is located in Athabasca, Alberta, and offers a variety of online and distance learning programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.

• University of the Fraser Valley:This university is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.

• Thompson Rivers University:This university is located in Kamloops, British Columbia, and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.

• Mount Royal University:This university is located in Calgary, Alberta, and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.

• University of Winnipeg:This university is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.
However, it is important to note that some universities may require a non-refundable application fee. This fee is typically around $100.

In addition, some universities may require international students to provide proof of financial support before they can be admitted. This proof of financial support can be in the form of a letter from a sponsor, a bank statement, or a letter from an employer.

I hope this helps!

Pacifique34

Aug 8, 2022
Sure, here are some universities or colleges in Canada that have no tuition deposit for international students:
  • Athabasca University:This university is located in Athabasca, Alberta, and offers a variety of online and distance learning programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.

• University of the Fraser Valley:This university is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.

• Thompson Rivers University:This university is located in Kamloops, British Columbia, and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.

• Mount Royal University:This university is located in Calgary, Alberta, and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.

• University of Winnipeg:This university is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. There is no tuition deposit required for international students.
However, it is important to note that some universities may require a non-refundable application fee. This fee is typically around $100.

In addition, some universities may require international students to provide proof of financial support before they can be admitted. This proof of financial support can be in the form of a letter from a sponsor, a bank statement, or a letter from an employer.

I hope this helps!
thanks so much

Kaywolff

Apr 12, 2024

I hope this helps!

hello i just wanted to verify again if the Mount Royal university still has a no tuition deposit requirement???

Kaywolff

Apr 12, 2024
First year paid tuition is a a requirement for a study permit now, as of January 22.
So that means I must pay the fee then, are there any other schools that have the no tuition deposit requirement?? Or that was made nation wide?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So that means I must pay the fee then, are there any other schools that have the no tuition deposit requirement?? Or that was made nation wide?
If you are concerned about deposit then not sure you can afford to study in Canada. All schools have a non refundable deposit. Do you have the funds in your bank account for first year tuition and living expenses?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-application.html

Kaywolff

Apr 12, 2024
You seem a clever person, just google it. YOU want to study, not us
With all due respect if you knew about googling information you wouldn’t be here either, I’m here because there are much more clever people who have either done much more research and have personal experience and are willing to share and if you are not then it’s fine let the others speak thank you.

Kaywolff

Apr 12, 2024
If you are concerned about deposit then not sure you can afford to study in Canada. All schools have a non refundable deposit. Do you have the funds in your bank account for first year tuition and living expenses?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-application.html
Yes I’m sure if schools having to pay a deposit that’s fine my worry is paying from my home country now as i was thinking there was a lesser amount to be paid as non-refundable then later on once I get in I pay the rest because the travel agents here are mostly fraudsters and I’m scared so i just wanted more insights on the issue that’s all thank you so much .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I’m sure if schools having to pay a deposit that’s fine my worry is paying from my home country now as i was thinking there was a lesser amount to be paid as non-refundable then later on once I get in I pay the rest because the travel agents here are mostly fraudsters and I’m scared so i just wanted more insights on the issue that’s all thank you so much .
Why are you working with travel agents for a study permit? Do your own research and apply on your own?

Reactions: foodie69

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
There are a lo
I agree with you that there are a lot of fraudsters and schemers in and around the international student system...

Reactions: Kaywolff