+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Universities for Linguistics

Haider gill billall

Mar 16, 2021
My bachelor is in English literature and linguistics will be complete in coming August. I want to do my MA in Linguistics from Canada . I am finding many Universities offering MA in Linguistics for September intake, but i can only apply for January intake. Plz recommend me some Universities and colleges which are offering Jan intake for MA in linguistics.
My IELTS academic score is 7 with LRSW: 7.5,7,6.5,6
MY ACADEMIC RECORD IS ALSO BRILLIANT WITH A GRADES .
THANKS IN ADVANCE PLZ HELP ME

Reactions: Warda.akram

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Honestly, people will not know. Many Canadian Masters programs only have a September intake. Your language scores are low (6 band). Stop multiple post of the same question.

Reactions: YVR123

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My bachelor is in English literature and linguistics will be complete in coming August. I want to do my MA in Linguistics from Canada . I am finding many Universities offering MA in Linguistics for September intake, but i can only apply for January intake. Plz recommend me some Universities and colleges which are offering Jan intake for MA in linguistics.
My IELTS academic score is 7 with LRSW: 7.5,7,6.5,6
MY ACADEMIC RECORD IS ALSO BRILLIANT WITH A GRADES .
THANKS IN ADVANCE PLZ HELP ME
Not to dissuade you but taking a Master's in English Literature in India vs. taking a Master's in English Literature in Canada is probably a significant difference. You should probably research multiple programs in greater detail and contact professors.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

Gillriz

May 1, 2021
Honestly, people will not know. Many Canadian Masters programs only have a September intake. Your language scores are low (6 band). Stop multiple post of the same question.
Hi dear sir!
I reappeared in IELTS but i scored same as i did in March . overall 7 with LRSW: 7.5,7,6.5,6
NOW SIR WITH THE HELP OF MY CONSULTANT I HAVE GOT SOME COURSES like (MASTER IN MANAGEMENT and Diploma in human resources management) in Crandall University and in Thompson river University . These courses are available for those students who have Bachelor in any field, so i have Bachelor in English literature and linguistics. That is why i am also eligible for these courses.
IELTS requirement for these is 6.5 overall with no band less than 6 in each module.
My grades in 10th ,12th and bachelor are 86%.
Now plz tell me with strong Sop will i be able to get study permit? Or it's really risky...?
Do remember my sister is in Edmonton so i m not going to Alberta..
Plz mentors reply me .. i m really worried... If my application is not so strong then i ll be applying for US. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi dear sir!
I reappeared in IELTS but i scored same as i did in March . overall 7 with LRSW: 7.5,7,6.5,6
NOW SIR WITH THE HELP OF MY CONSULTANT I HAVE GOT SOME COURSES like (MASTER IN MANAGEMENT and Diploma in human resources management) in Crandall University and in Thompson river University . These courses are available for those students who have Bachelor in any field, so i have Bachelor in English literature and linguistics. That is why i am also eligible for these courses.
IELTS requirement for these is 6.5 overall with no band less than 6 in each module.
Now plz tell me with strong Sop will i be able to get study permit? Or it's really risky...?
Plz mentors reply me .. i m really worried... If my application is not so strong then i ll be applying for US. Thanks
No one can tell you your chances. You need to show career progression and how the programs build on your current education and career. Both programs have nothing to do with your education or career.

Gillriz

May 1, 2021
Hi dear sir!
Hi dear sir!
sir can
No one can tell you your chances. You need to show career progression and how the programs build on your current education and career. Both programs have nothing to do with your education or career.
I go for it??
Or i shouldn't go for it???
I need ur suggestion.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The fact that your IELTS scores are so low but you did a bachelors degree in English lit is a bit shocking. The courses and schools are a bit puzzling as well. What is your work experience?

Gillriz

May 1, 2021
The fact that your IELTS scores are so low but you did a bachelors degree in English lit is a bit shocking. The courses and schools are a bit puzzling as well. What is your work experience?
Sir both these master courses are for those who never studied business .
Moreover, i have confirmed from both Universities about my eligibility via email. Both replied me positively and they said i m perfectly fine for these courses.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Moreover, i have confirmed from both Universities about my eligibility via email. Both replied me positively and they said i m perfectly fine for these courses.
These universities have the reputation of accepting most students that apply. Based on your education history I don’t see a clear progression which is why I was asking about your work history.

Gillriz

May 1, 2021
I know my score is writing is bad .. but u ll be amazed to know that more than 10 American Universities are offering admission for MA in Linguistics with this course.
So plzz don't say that my score is really bad lol.

Gillriz

May 1, 2021
These universities have the reputation of accepting most students that apply. Based on your education history I don’t see a clear progression which is why I was asking about your work history.
Sir! I am attaching the links for these Universities and their requirements for these courses.
Links:
https://www.applyboard.com/schools/crandall-university/programs/master-of-management-12f75553-e5ea-4f7a-a956-f9652d2a16e0
https://www.applyboard.com/schools/thompson-rivers-university/programs/post-baccalaureate-diploma-human-resource-management-optional-co-op
Plz sir reply after opening these links

Gillriz

May 1, 2021
I know my score is writing is bad .. but u ll be amazed to know that more than 10 American Universities are offering admission for MA in Linguistics with this course.
So plzz don't say that my score is really bad lol.
Sir! Some Universities are offering master in sociology and Master in journalism .. they are also accepting me !
Should i go for them?