+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

United States Deportation Order & Canada Skilled Worker Visa

spllc

Apr 19, 2010
I've been living and working in the US since 1990. My family came here legally but in 1995 we were issued a voluntary departure order which became an order of deportation or removal from the US. In a self assessment without an offer of employment, I exceed the points required. I will be completing my masters degree in about two years and I have a bachelors as well as a few designation/certifications. I have 10+ years of work experience in my current profession which is one of the 38 listed. I'm married to a United States citizen and we have a 4yr old daughter. My wife is also a professional and we have sufficient funds to go to canada.

Question: Would this deportation order become a significant issue for me?

Thank you for your time!

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
I do know that when you fill in the forms, at some stage you need to get a FBI clearance.I do not know how you will manage that. I also know that uou have a question clearly asking if you have ever been deported. I suggest you meet a lawyer and discuss the matter.

B

belize

trust me they will caught you very easy becaseu onnce you apply in USa THEY WIll ask your status and thats it .,, its better you applied from your home country where you from? so maybe i will give u more suggestions.
regards,

hao8165

Feb 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-10-2009
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
23-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2010 (In person)
I don't know how serious the deportation order is going to affect your application. You'll have to declare your status and immigration history to the Canadian immigration. But, as long as you were Legally Admitted into the US and stayed for more than one year, you are eligible to apply at Buffalo in the US.

spllc

Apr 19, 2010
We entered with tourist VISAS (parents, brother, and I). These were changed to H1B types after a year or two. Then at the time of VISA renewal my parents applied for political asylum which was rejected and a voluntary deportation order was the result. It's a sucky situation, but it is what it is... now it's time to move on, face reality and expand my opportunities hopefully in a country that may find my experience, education, and hard work the investment.

Thanks for the replies. I will be paying a laywer (some Jefferies guy) to talk over the phone about this. I have money to afford a lawyer, but what's important is someone with honest answers...that's why i gave this a shot

thank you again

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spllc - what is your current status in the US? Did you let the depotation order expire or you left the US and came back? Filing asylum and being denied with a voluntary deportation is not a problem. Letting the deportation order expire without leaving the US can potentially cause you a problem but not necessarily.

¬m2l

spllc

Apr 19, 2010
the latter unfortunately. status is order of deportation (removal) since we stayed over 90 days (15+ years really) :-[

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I beleive this won't cause you any problem if you don't have any past criminal records. The fact that you entered the US legally is the most important in this case. I know many people that had immigration troubles in the US and managed to legally migrate to Canada. Dont say much but tell the truth because the US and Canada share "some" immigration info but not case details. Best of luck.

¬m2l

wiendy

May 31, 2010
I just came back from USA, after got deported for stayed illegally with C1 visa. And now I am getting job offer in Canada, Is There any chance for me to apply Canadian Work Visa from my country?

Thank you very much.

Ahmad06

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
applying political asylum and getting deportation orders and then after getting married to a american shows that person is not reliable and trying to doge the system and immigration rules and will all this hv serious implications on your file.moreover,all these countries like US,Canada,UK ,Australia etc share their immigration procedures and background checks....it is strongly advised for you to seriously consult a lawyer and move sfely but its a very difficult case...Good luck

May 17, 2010
On your PR application (IMM0008-1E) Schedule 1 Question # 9 you will state that you were processed by ICE. Your FBI finger print report will show that you have been detained. Therefore rendering you Inadmissiable to Canadian PR.

Now, this is a common problem for many. CIC has a process in place for such inadmissibility.
Overcoming this Inadmissibility is very easy. You should get your FBI FP report right away & follow the URL below to start your case.

www dot cic dot gc dot ca/english//pdf/kits/guides/5312E.PDF

Hope this helps.