+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

United Arab Emirates.. Dubai/Abudhabi applicants

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Saw a lot of Filipinos and some Indians receive their PPRs today. All applied from within their own countries. I think they haven't started opening GCC applications yet.

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
I think each country ha sits own visa officer representing Canada who decides who gets the visa, i don't think the decision is made from Canada but I could be wrong.

Abe2

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hi,

I have an application since March 5 and so far no update.

Please anybody who applied from UAE during during the same period and got a response back ?

Adamdxb

Jun 28, 2022
Hello everybody. I appreciate your thoughts please on what would be the immigration status I fill for my TRV request form online / imm5257 if I am a UAE Golden visa (10 years) residency holder. Note that UAE has been my country of residence since birth till date. I carry a non-UAE citizenship.

The relevant status categories are 'permanent resident' and 'worker'. Which one should I choose? Thank you!

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Nope it has been around 100 days since my biometrics....i don't think we should expect an answer before mid-august or early September....I think the worst part in waiting so long is that there's a 50/50 chance of rejection so imagine waiting 5 months only to get a rejection....fingers crossed. I wish I knew that it took this long, I would have never made Canada my summer destination. My summer plans are ruined now.

Saza123456

Apr 13, 2021
I'm hoping they are done with the Feb applications, and in the next 2-3 weeks they will respond to March applicants

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Any updates? This is getting ridiculous!!
been waiting since may 2021! apparently the app is under review. both my parents are employed with money in their accounts and have 0 interest in staying in canada. they literally wanted to come for 3 weeks and never return. all gcc is processed in abu dhabi and its ridiculous when you see other countries and visa offices giving visas in 3-4 weeks to people who are not working and not bringing any money to the country

kamran89

Feb 3, 2022
Anyone got any updates ?
the processing times from last was 53 days and now it’s 56 days. So maybe there’s a lot of applications coming in.

hiteshkumar1986

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
singapore
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

My parent applied for visas in March and there is no response yet. However, they need to fly to the US in the next couple of days due to some emergency.
Would it be possible if they can give a Passport for stamping to the Canadian embassy in the US if visa is approved?

*Visa applied in Pakistan.

kamran89

Feb 3, 2022
Hi Everyone,

My parent applied for visas in March and there is no response yet. However, they need to fly to the US in the next couple of days due to some emergency.
Would it be possible if they can give a Passport for stamping to the Canadian embassy in the US if visa is approved?

*Visa applied in Pakistan.
Yes you can give the passport to the vfc office in USA along with the acceptance letter