+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

United Arab Emirates.. Dubai/Abudhabi applicants

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Applied on the 24th of march, biometrics on the 28th and till today no news...sent a webform, they said they're prioritizing student and work permits.

Reactions: PrinceIsaac254

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Can someone let me know the process to apply through ircc portal?

Am planning to apply visit visa for my son, rest all family members already have visa.

My sister who is Canadian will send invitation letter.

kamran89

Feb 3, 2022
Can someone let me know the process to apply through ircc portal?

Am planning to apply visit visa for my son, rest all family members already have visa.

My sister who is Canadian will send invitation letter.
click on the link below, sign up as it’s similar to the GC key, fill in the forms and attach all the required documents.

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi Everyone, has anyone who applied in March from GCC/Middle East received a response ? It has been 73 days since my family and I applied from Qatar. Would like to know if they started processing March applications...

kamran89

Feb 3, 2022
Will biometric be applicable for minor baby?

What happens after we submit in IRCC portal, please advise.
there’s no biometric for babies, once you have applied via the portal, you will get a letter of confirmation and if the applicant has to give biometrics you get a letter, you have to visit an office to give. But if it’s for the same minor baby you are applying, then you don’t need to give biometrics. Once the payment of the application is made you have to wait till the IRCC makes a decision

Reactions: Sparklesk90

kamran89

Feb 3, 2022
Hi Everyone, has anyone who applied in March from GCC/Middle East received a response ? It has been 73 days since my family and I applied from Qatar. Would like to know if they started processing March applications...
i had applied in February and received a reply from IRCC on 31st May which was 116 days.

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
there’s no biometric for babies, once you have applied via the portal, you will get a letter of confirmation and if the applicant has to give biometrics you get a letter, you have to visit an office to give. But if it’s for the same minor baby you are applying, then you don’t need to give biometrics. Once the payment of the application is made you have to wait till the IRCC makes a decision
Thank you so much. it is of great help.

Reactions: kamran89

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Hi all, one more clarification. Am trying to update the IRCC site for Visit visa for my 6 Month old son, Under the section where we declare Current country of residence and countries where we have lived for more than 6 months in las 5 yrs.

Since my son is only 6 month old, and born in Dubai, We got his visa after a month he was born and residence visa start date was like 2 and half moths from his birth date.

Now the system doesn't allow me to proceed if i enter the actual date of Visa for current resident. but allows only if i put his birth date.

for example -
birth date - 2 Dec 2021
passport issue date - 31 Dec 2021
visa start date - 17th Feb 2022

It allows me to proceed only when i mention the current residency start date as 2nd Dec. and doesn't allow when i select the actual visa date (17th Feb) as per the dubai visa stamping.

Last edited:

kamran89

Feb 3, 2022
Hi all, one more clarification. Am trying to update the IRCC site for Visit visa for my 6 Month old son, Under the section where we declare Current country of residence and countries where we have lived for more than 6 months in las 5 yrs.

Since my son is only 6 month old, and born in Dubai, We got his visa after a month he was born and residence visa start date was like 2 and half moths from his birth date.

Now the system doesn't allow me to proceed if i enter the actual date of Visa for current resident. but allows only if i put his birth date.

for example -
birth date - 2 Dec 2021
passport issue date - 31 Dec 2021
visa start date - 17th Feb 2022

It allows me to proceed only when i mention the current residency start date as 2nd Dec. and doesn't allow when i select the actual visa date (17th Feb) as per the dubai visa stamping.
That’s a tough question, I have no clue and also wouldn’t want to give you any wrong information so I can’t help you on that, but if I was you and it’s giving me to move to the next step with the date from when he was born, then I’d go ahead. And as he was born in UAE, obviously the officers will see the documents and understand as the visa process takes time, no one will ever get a visa the day he/she is born. But if you are hesitant then find a lawyer who can help you on that question

Reactions: Sparklesk90