United Arab Emirates.. Dubai/Abudhabi applicants

Arfe22

Aug 10, 2022
Applied for a visitor visa in Oman
Timeline
Applied: Aug 7th
BIL: Aug 7th
Biometrics: Aug 8th
Eligibility Review started: Aug 8th - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Update:
Original Passport Request
: Dec 14th -Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

The visa was applied from Muscat, Oman, but the decision and BVL letters were sent by New York, USA

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hello wonderful friends!
I had applied for a super visa for my parents using the GCKey portal on July 3, 2022. However, there hasn't been any progress and as such I have decided to send them to conduct an upfront medical examination. My question is: If I have a pending application on the old portal and would like to apply on the new IRCC portal with the up front medical, should I send a withdrawal request for the old application or leave as is? Or should I send the upfront medical paperwork using a webform- my only concern with this option is that they don't respond to webforms promptly so I don't want to wait another couple of months.

thank you so much in advance

deejam

Sep 21, 2022
Just to update with reference to my previous post where I had mentioned that IRCC will be closing all pending case within December 2022. So here is my timeline.
Applied for visitor visa on 23 May in UAE along with spouse and children
Biometric request on 24 May, submitted on same day and updated on IRCC portal same day
Till 11 Dec no update, sent three webforms 1- informing that the hotel is cancelled due to delay in response 2 - promotion letter (I was promoted in my company). 3 - US visa copy as I've applied for US visa after Canada visa application.
12 Dec 2022 - received email that i have new messages and logged in to find that passport is requested for myself and family, submitted original passports and within two days visa was pasted on the passports.
So please keep up your hopes and visa are being issued.

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Just to update with reference to my previous post where I had mentioned that IRCC will be closing all pending case within December 2022. So here is my timeline.
Applied for visitor visa on 23 May in UAE along with spouse and children
Biometric request on 24 May, submitted on same day and updated on IRCC portal same day
Till 11 Dec no update, sent three webforms 1- informing that the hotel is cancelled due to delay in response 2 - promotion letter (I was promoted in my company). 3 - US visa copy as I've applied for US visa after Canada visa application.
12 Dec 2022 - received email that i have new messages and logged in to find that passport is requested for myself and family, submitted original passports and within two days visa was pasted on the passports.
So please keep up your hopes and visa are being issued.
Congratulations

DRIS mertin

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Qatar
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Hello :
22 february 2022 - still nothing
CG key - on line from Qatar doha
- already got canada visa before .
what about you ???

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Feb 18
No reply yet
Sent many webform
Is it good sign or they forgot my application
I'm in the same boat...applied March 25 from Qatar, I'm starting to feel like they forgot about my application or something because my friend who applied before me heard back and got the Visa....so frustrating honestly.

wafaaawad

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
sent 3 webform ( their response is for the 3 time the same : priority to student and workers ..... )
Is there any time limit that they shouldn't exceed, since we almost completed 10months
Do you think they may take 2 years to process the application

DRIS mertin

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Qatar
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Is there any time limit that they shouldn't exceed, since we almost completed 10months
Do you think they may take 2 years to process the application
i think our application are in stand by . neither approved nor refused .... so no move ..... just freezing

Reactions: wafaaawad

ak@123

Nov 22, 2022
My parents were in Dubai when i applied for Canada Visitor Visa. Now they are back to the home country. Can i reapply again as i have not heard anything from the past application and the processing time has almost crossed?

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
My parents were in Dubai when i applied for Canada Visitor Visa. Now they are back to the home country. Can i reapply again as i have not heard anything from the past application and the processing time has almost crossed?
When did u apply?