+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNIQUE Relatives in Canada situation

Lluubbnnaa

Feb 26, 2022
NEED HELP! I have a sister who is a Canadian citizen but she's not a resident of Canada. She lives in the US with her husband. The question states that the relative must be living in Canada. Does this mean I can't claim points for this if I can't provide address proof?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
NEED HELP! I have a sister who is a Canadian citizen but she's not a resident of Canada. She lives in the US with her husband. The question states that the relative must be living in Canada. Does this mean I can't claim points for this if I can't provide address proof?
That's right. No points for her. She needs to be physically living in Canada in order for you to claim these points.

ManishShetty1

Dec 20, 2019
That's right. No points for her. She needs to be physically living in Canada in order for you to claim these points.
What needs to be answered for the question, do you have a relative in canada who is a PR/citizen? Answering no would be misrep and yes would lead to documentation about the sibling

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What needs to be answered for the question, do you have a relative in canada who is a PR/citizen? Answering no would be misrep and yes would lead to documentation about the sibling
The question is, “do you have relative IN Canada who is PR/citizen?” The answer for the OP is No. The question is not “Do you have a relative who is Canadian PR/citizen?”

ManishShetty1

Dec 20, 2019
The question is, “do you have relative IN Canada who is PR/citizen?” The answer for the OP is No. The question is not “Do you have a relative who is Canadian PR/citizen?”
Thanks for answering.

What do we answer for "Does xyz have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada)?" In scenario where the sibling has not been living in canada for the past 4 months and may not return to canada due to personal reasons?

Do we answer YES or NO? I am asking since i can only get siblings utility bills which are 4 months old and not sure about her return to canada.

Thanks for answering

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for answering.

What do we answer for "Does xyz have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada)?" In scenario where the sibling has not been living in canada for the past 4 months and may not return to canada due to personal reasons?

Do we answer YES or NO? I am asking since i can only get siblings utility bills which are 4 months old and not sure about her return to canada.

Thanks for answering
You can answer, yes. But you claim no points.

ManishShetty1

Dec 20, 2019
You can answer, yes. But you claim no points.
Sure. One last question, when selected yes, it’s asking me to upload 3 documents related to my sibling (sibling status, proof of residency in canada and siblings proof of relationship). do we upload a doc here claiming no points?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Sure. One last question, when selected yes, it’s asking me to upload 3 documents related to my sibling (sibling status, proof of residency in canada and siblings proof of relationship). do we upload a doc here claiming no points?
If you have the documents do it else submit a LOE that you don't want to claim points. Also, make sure that this does not affect your FSW score and it stays above the requirements.