+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unique query

pmondair

Mar 31, 2009
hi there,
i wud really appreciate if anyone can answer... what wud be the status of a child born to a lady on visitor visa to canada... she has another male child born in india...
thanks alot...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The child is a Canadian citizen. The status of the child will not in any way change the status of the mother.

There is also the issue of cost. A woman who has a baby in a Canadian hospital without health care coverage will end up with a $5,000 to 10,000 bill.

pmondair

Mar 31, 2009
thx leon and immigration expert for quick reply...
can the child be of any help to gain entry into canada...
they are not getting mean just out of curosity ques...
plz respond...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The child will not help gain entry into Canada until he or she is 18 years old, moves to Canada, gets a job and makes enough money to sponsor mom and dad.

In any case, I would suggest that your friend, provided that she wishes to immigrate to Canada, seeks legal advice and assess her case against current legislation with a licensed immigration practitioner/CSIC member/lawyer. As you may agree with me, it is very easy to give suggestions or general info over the internet, especially having no professional responsibility. No one knows all the facts and, therefore, can't say 100% what is the best for her under circumstances. She might be eligible under many programs, and her child's birth in Canada, can play a crucial role for her future immigration.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
can a child born in Canada help the sponsorship process?

Suin said:
can a child born in Canada help the sponsorship process?
Indeed, when the child is an adult and eligible:) Once again, I strongly suggest that you seek legal advice in this situation. This forum is good for general info only, some valuable suggestions. But nobody here is responsible for what they say. Don't try to squeeze from this forum free legal advice or immigration consultation. Any specific case or situation has to be analyzed or assessed by a professional (lawyer of CSIC member).

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
For immigration expert

Do you know anyone as immigration consultant or lawyer that it could be contacted to consult regarding or similar issue like this? I also have a child born here in Canada and I'm holding a TWP under pilot program in Alberta. My problem is my work permit will expire this Novemeber and my employer will no longer renew it. Do you think there is any programs that could help me to stay here beyond my current status or to fix my immigration paper? thanks