+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNIQUE QUERY- PLEASE PLEASE HELP

desi_guy

Jun 2, 2008
I am an Indian citizen, coming on a Visitor visa for 3 months to Canada. I want to use this time to find a job offer as a yoga teacher in Toronto or the GTA area. I have few queries to be answered. So please please help me.

1..If I do get a job offer from any yoga studio while on a tourist visa then do I need to leave the country and apply for a work visa, or can I convert the status from tourist visa to work visa in Canada itself?

2...In case I need to leave the country, then do I have to go back to India to apply for the work visa or I can do the same from some Canadian border offices like one at Niagara?

3...Can a yoga studio apply for my work sponsor (employer sponsored visa) with the concerned authorities? Is it an expensive affair for the sponsor (in this case the yoga studio) to file for my work permit papers?

4...Also, in most of the permanent immigration cases the applicant has some technical experience and knowledge, I was wondering what are my prospects to immigrate as a yoga teacher to Canada?

5...Since I shall be visiting Canada shortly on a tourist visa, should I use that time to hire the services of an immigration lawyer to process my immigration papers? What are the lawyer’s fees?

P.S. I am very eager to immigrate to this country. Appreciate feedback also from yoga and meditation teachers who have immigrated on the basis of this holistic profession.