+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNIQUE QUERY- PLEASE PLEASE HELP

desi_guy

Jun 2, 2008
I am an Indian citizen, coming on a Visitor visa for 3 months to Canada. I want to use this time to find a job offer as a yoga teacher in Toronto or the GTA area. I have few queries to be answered. So please please help me.

1..If I do get a job offer from any yoga studio while on a tourist visa then do I need to leave the country and apply for a work visa, or can I convert the status from tourist visa to work visa in Canada itself?

2...In case I need to leave the country, then do I have to go back to India to apply for the work visa or I can do the same from some Canadian border offices like one at Niagara?

3...Can a yoga studio apply for my work sponsor (employer sponsored visa) with the concerned authorities? Is it an expensive affair for the sponsor (in this case the yoga studio) to file for my work permit papers?

4...Also, in most of the permanent immigration cases the applicant has some technical experience and knowledge, I was wondering what are my prospects to immigrate as a yoga teacher to Canada?

5...Since I shall be visiting Canada shortly on a tourist visa, should I use that time to hire the services of an immigration lawyer to process my immigration papers? What are the lawyer’s fees?

P.S. I am very eager to immigrate to this country. Appreciate feedback also from yoga and meditation teachers who have immigrated on the basis of this holistic profession.

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
hi,i ll try to answer as far as i know but i am not an expert , so second opinion is desirable.
i think u ll have to go to india to file your application for sure.
secondly, i dnt think u can change it as the border.
i am quite sure u ll have to go to india but if u have a work permit, it should take that long to get a PR visa.
your best bet is to seek the advice of a lawyer.
maybe u can try visiting campbell cohen while ur there also.
but in any case, once ur visa is expired, u ll have to go to india.
try and look for a job but also, try to look into provinces which accept imigrants and can help them get work permit.
i hope you succeed in whatever you do.
also, try and seek advice from PMM who is very well versed in such matters.
enter your query again into the first heading and in subject, also type seeking advice from PMM, as soon as he sees it, i am sure he will reply.
Take care and god bless you :)
OCANADA :)

nova

Jul 5, 2008
Hello,
I am a PR in Canada ( Ontario) and I'm trying to bring my brother from Jordan to Canada, As you may know applying as skilled worker takes about 5 years

so whats the faster and easiest way ?

I can not sponsor him as brothers ( above 21) can not be sponsored.

Thanx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he is a skilled worker, you can find him a job and get him in on a temporary work permit for 1 or 2 years, when it expires he can extend it and when he is eligible to apply for PR, he can do that from inside Canada. I don't really know about ON but I know a lot of people in Alberta who have come in that way.

nova

Jul 5, 2008
From what I have learned it is almost impossible to find a job offer when he is outside canada, wright?

He has a university degree in Accounting with more than 5 years experience...

Any ideas..?

appreciate your help

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
from what i know, if he is above 22 years, he cannot be sponsored.
his best option is to file for immigration now and u can help him look for a job which can thus speed up his application process.
otherwise, he can try provincial nominee.
or else, he can come to do a masters in any university there and once he is done with a masters, he can secure a job there.
hope it helps.
i wish you and your brother good luck.
god bless you all :)
ocanada :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you are looking at all the posts in one group, you can click "new topic"

About the accounting guy, I don't really know if we need accountants or if it is easy for them to get a work permit. I think almost all the guys I know are tradesmen. They often come through employments agencies such as Pathfinder or Immigration-r-us. Getting the LMO for these guys has been taking 6-8 months but now they have some kind of speed up program for at least the tradesmen so it's supposed to be faster. Normally they have a contract for 1 or 2 years, if they don't like the company and want to change employment, they need to change their work permit so that is a bit of a hassle but still doable. If they want to extend their work permits when they expire, they can do that. Some of them already got their PR too.

nova

Jul 5, 2008
would you elaborate more please, what tradesmen mean ? what knid of jobs ?

and the website of pathfinder ?

Thanx

promise

Jun 28, 2008
Hi Leon,

I have been going through this forum for some time now and i want to apply for Visa under Federal skill worker but the processing time is long. I am discouraged.
I read Accounting BSC.
Is it it easy to find a job in Canada, I am in Nigeria and have 4 years work experience, can i use the Pathfinder job website you mentioned? if is possible could you pls give me the website. Would appreciate.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tradesmen are people who are trained to do special jobs like carpentry, metal work etc. The people most needed in Alberta who are being fast tracked through the system now are not just tradesmen but other type of jobs too, check http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/elmopp/elmoppone.shtml for a list

Pathfinder consulting is at http://www.pathfinderconsulting.ca/index.php but there are probably many similar companies around. I just know about them because I know somebody who used to work there. I did not use any service to help me immigrate, I just applied for PR as a skilled back in 2000 and came to Canada in 2002 but of course the waiting times were a bit shorter then.

promise

Jun 28, 2008
Thanks Leon for your help, i will check out the site and see how i go from there.
you could get to me via nnemise@yahoo.com incase i couldnt trace you again on this forum.
wouldnt mind your email address if you dont mind.
Thanks man