+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unique PPR to COPR query

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have a question regarding a unique situation.
I am work permit holder and my work permit is valid till March 2023. I have been working in Canada for more than 2 years and I am traveling to India for some personal work.

Now suppose I will only be back to Canada on 25th Dec 2022.

Meanwhile suppose my application gets approved and I get a PPR request, let's say on 10th Dec 2022.

Now based on what I have read online, there are few options:
1. Online virtual landing/approval of PPR to E-COPR for people inside Canada, but you need to submit a webform within 5 days of receipt of PPR.
2. Physically submit passport and photos to an office in India to get the physical copy/visa stamp of COPR
3. Flagpoling by entering Canada from outside and getting it processed at the port of entry (let's say U.S/in my case India).

I don't know how legitimate the 3rd option is, first two options are as stated on some email PPR requests I have seen.
However, PPR email states, if you're inside Canada you need to submit webform within 5 days of receipt of PPR email/letter. However, 30 days are allowed for physically submitting your passport and photos if you're outside of Canada.

Now my question is, suppose I receive the PPR on 10th DEC 2022, but I can't travel before 25th DEC 2022 back to Canada. Its neither possible to submit the online acceptance within the 5 day period nor can I submit my passport to the passport office in India (home country) as I have to travel on 25th DEC and COPR stamping would take more than 15-20 days, so where does that leave me? I am in that gray area where there doesn't seem to be clear instructions for.

Can someone advice what I should do?

Last edited: