+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unique/difficult visa application case

HinaJ93

Dec 16, 2018
Hello all,

I am originally from Pakistan and have completed my bachelors degree from my home country. I am currently doing my masters in Norway. However, I have decided to switch majors and am applying to Canadian universities.

Questions related to university application:

My first question is; since my degree in Norway is halfway complete and I plan to freeze it, do I even need to mention that I am enrolled in such a program? The form is pretty straightforward and only requires me to mention the degrees that I have completed.

My next question is regarding the filling out of the home and mailing address portion in the application form. Is it better that I mention my Pakistani address or should I put down my current address in Norway where I am residing at the moment?

Questions related to the visa application:

If accepted by the university, will I be required to travel back to Pakistan to submit my visa application or can I submit it at the Canadian embassy in Oslo? If this information helps, I also have a residence permit in Norway.

Lastly, half of the funds that I intend to show are in my Norwegian bank account and the other half are in Pakistan. In this case, what is the best thing to do?

I understand that this is a complicated case, but I am sure there are enough experts on this forum who can guide me correctly. Thank you in advance.