+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unintentional errors made on Application Forms...London Visa Office

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
I needed some advice from senior members of this forum that have gone through the London VO and are British; I applied for Spousal Sponsorship in September 2014, got SA on 30-Oct-14 and file has been transferred to London; no AOR, no news from LVO to-date and based on the spreadsheet timelines, I don't expect to hear from them soon.

However, I was recently just browsing through my application forms and to my surprise, I discovered 3 errors on Form IMM-5669 (Background Declaration) and Form IMM-5490 (Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire); on IMM-5669 I typed in a wrong date and place of birth for my mother and the wrong date of birth for my father; however on Form IMM-5406 (Additonal Family Information) I have the correct info that currently doesn't match IMM-5669.

Here is what I am thinking to do; submit a clarification letter to LVO with the updated form with the corrections; to support it I am planning to attach a copy of my parents passports; does that make sense?

On the other hand, the date when I met my spouse the first time in IMM-5490 has a typo as well; it is a future year and when u c the rest of the timeline of the relationship, u can easily figure out that it's a typo. I thought I'd submit a corrected version of Form IMM-5490 and use this opportunity to submit additional relationship proof given that I'm here with my husband on a visitor status since August! I would really appreciate some insight; mistakes were unintentional obviously and I don't want it to result in an interview so I thought I'd clarify upfront; panicking a little so any thoughts would greatly help. What I'm proposing to do makes sense?

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
You are on the right track, just make sure you clearly indicate your UCI and application number when you send the correct documents.

I am sure they understand human errors can occur all the time. So I wouldn't stress out about it.

All the best to you!

sam_1985 said:
I needed some advice from senior members of this forum that have gone through the London VO and are British; I applied for Spousal Sponsorship in September 2014, got SA on 30-Oct-14 and file has been transferred to London; no AOR, no news from LVO to-date and based on the spreadsheet timelines, I don't expect to hear from them soon.

However, I was recently just browsing through my application forms and to my surprise, I discovered 3 errors on Form IMM-5669 (Background Declaration) and Form IMM-5490 (Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire); on IMM-5669 I typed in a wrong date and place of birth for my mother and the wrong date of birth for my father; however on Form IMM-5406 (Additonal Family Information) I have the correct info that currently doesn't match IMM-5669.

Here is what I am thinking to do; submit a clarification letter to LVO with the updated form with the corrections; to support it I am planning to attach a copy of my parents passports; does that make sense?

On the other hand, the date when I met my spouse the first time in IMM-5490 has a typo as well; it is a future year and when u c the rest of the timeline of the relationship, u can easily figure out that it's a typo. I thought I'd submit a corrected version of Form IMM-5490 and use this opportunity to submit additional relationship proof given that I'm here with my husband on a visitor status since August! I would really appreciate some insight; mistakes were unintentional obviously and I don't want it to result in an interview so I thought I'd clarify upfront; panicking a little so any thoughts would greatly help. What I'm proposing to do makes sense?

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
warzo said:
You are on the right track, just make sure you clearly indicate your UCI and application number when you send the correct documents.

I am sure they understand human errors can occur all the time. So I wouldn't stress out about it.

All the best to you!
Appreciate the answer!! Thx! Feel relieved!