+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uni of Victoria...very strange situation ... confused

ayay

Feb 24, 2013
Hey guys,

I am planning to enroll in 1 year master in global management/business at university of victoria (british columbia). This course has following pattern.

3 months in Victoria then 3 months in a partner university in asia then 3 months in a partner university in europe and then 3 months of internship either in canada europe or asia. The program follows the above mentioned pattern, you cant complete the whole course at uni of victoria only. You have to take 3 months in europe and asia each.

Now my question from seniors is after completion of this course... my post graduate work permit in canada would be of how many months ???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Only the time spent in Canada. The time spent in Asia and Europe won't count.

ayay

Feb 24, 2013
I dont get it ... lets say ill be doing my internship in europe ... that means that ill spend 3 months in canada only.... but ill get 1 year degree from university of victoria... does that mean i wont get any pgwp ??? Very strange

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sounds like a fun program. If the pgwp is what you are after, its probably not for you.

If you want to study in 3 different countries and get an actual 'global' experience, why worry about pgwp?

can't have it both ways unfortunately

ayay

Feb 24, 2013
just_do_it

i am not specifically looking for pgwp .... i would have gone for pgds if pgwp was my only focus..... the reason for applying to this program is this that its going to give me a lot of international exposure ...

i was asking for pgwp because i want to work in canada after completion of this program.... and it might take some time to secure a job offer ... so my question still remains ... would i be eligible or not for pgwp

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
your question has already been answered ayay, you will not be eligible for a decent pgwp. maybe a couple of month.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ayay said:
Hey guys,

I am planning to enroll in 1 year master in global management/business at university of victoria (british columbia). This course has following pattern.

3 months in Victoria then 3 months in a partner university in asia then 3 months in a partner university in europe and then 3 months of internship either in canada europe or asia. The program follows the above mentioned pattern, you cant complete the whole course at uni of victoria only. You have to take 3 months in europe and asia each.

Now my question from seniors is after completion of this course... my post graduate work permit in canada would be of how many months ???

1. I doubt if it's true. You should check with CIC or school.

"A student attends a foreign post‑secondary institution and transfers to an accredited provincial or territorial post‑secondary institution in Canada in order to complete their studies. Under this scenario, if the qualifying educational credential is issued at an institution outside of Canada, they would not qualify for a Post‑Graduation Work Permit. However, if they did receive their educational credential from a recognized Canadian educational institution/training institution, they may be eligible for a Post‑Graduation Work Permit only for the length of time they studied in Canada.
"

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayay said:
just_do_it

i am not specifically looking for pgwp .... i would have gone for pgds if pgwp was my only focus..... the reason for applying to this program is this that its going to give me a lot of international exposure ...

i was asking for pgwp because i want to work in canada after completion of this program.... and it might take some time to secure a job offer ... so my question still remains ... would i be eligible or not for pgwp
contradicting yourself there friend....

but enfield has answered your question. so if you do get a PGWP, it will probably be for 3 months.

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
nd if ur length of study is less than 6 months i guess ( which in ur case is 3 months in canada) you wont get any
PGWP at all. make sure ur 100% sure abt this b4 applying to the course. Why dont u for a normal MBA
get a PGWP work for smtime get a PR nd u can fancy any course u lyk(that too at much lower rates)...( if PR is not ur aim nd PGWP doesnt matter, then its a very cool course :p )

ayay

Feb 24, 2013
i have checked with the university and they told that,

"Upon successful completion of the program, MGB graduates are eligible to apply for a 1-year post graduate work permit".

Does this mean I can apply for 1 year PGWP and CIC gives me 3 or 6 months PGWP... or I would get complete 1 year work permit.

I understand m asking very stupid questions ... but I really dont want to have any kind of confusion on this occasion. Really looking forward to your reply just_do_it and enfield or any other experienced person who can help me out.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is solely CIC's decision.

What a university/ college promises means nothing.