Nov 20, 2011
Mirpur,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hi every body.My cgpa is 3.48 and ielts score 6.5.In which university I will get admission easily?

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
jadugar said:
Hi every body.My cgpa is 3.48 and ielts score 6.5.In which university I will get admission easily?
Which department are you seeking admission to?

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
jadugar said:
You have not specified your academic background.

I am not aware if that cgpa stuff is counted out of total 4 or 5. I will assume its 4 and in that case you have got a good score, but you will have to work on IELTS again. To get admission into a reputed university I would recommend a minimum score of 7-7.5. Colleges are money hungry institutions so even an IELTS score of 6 will do but there are way too many applications and very limited number of seats at good universities and competition is tough.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
I agree with royalsting. This year, many universities revised their IELTS req and many have set to atleast 7.

With your cgpa, you will be guaranteed admission to MEng program. But for MSc, you will find it tough to compete in reputed universities but will increase your chance if you contact with a prof beforehand to do your research under his/her supervision and he/she agrees to take you. MSc is all about getting the fund since scholarships mostly go to "exceptional" students.

jadugar

Nov 20, 2011
Mirpur,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Well,I am BS Software Engineer(cgpa 3.48 out of 4) and ielts score 6.5
Many universities accept 6.5 score of ielts e.g Lethbridge,Windsor...

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
jadugar said:
Well,I am BS Software Engineer(cgpa 3.48 out of 4) and ielts score 6.5
Many universities accept 6.5 score of ielts e.g Lethbridge,Windsor...
Hi,

Yes they do accept the score. But unlike a college here you are stepping into competition so obviously better score would be given preference. Although your academic score complements your profile, try to sit for IELTS again and get around 7-7.5. Also check the valuable post by rhasan, my cousin is trying out something similar that is getting accepted by the professor and moving on from there.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
If you are planning to apply to universities like Lethbridge and windsor then you are good to go in terms of IELTS but you have to make sure that you get accepted by a professor of similar research interest beforehand otherwise it will be very tough to get admission to MSc especially in CS.

jadugar

Nov 20, 2011
Mirpur,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
I have more chance of getting admission in project based MSc CS as compared to thesis based?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jadugar said:
I have more chance of getting admission in project based MSc CS as compared to thesis based?
Hi,

The word 'chance' stands no where. Still, you need a very high academics to get in.

jadugar

Nov 20, 2011
Mirpur,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
For sure one must need a good academic background to get admission in Masters but I need you people to compare thesis with project based Masters in CS.I think its a bit easier to get admission in project based Ms

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jadugar said:
For sure one must need a good academic background to get admission in Masters but I need you people to compare thesis with project based Masters in CS.I think its a bit easier to get admission in project based Ms
Hi,

Instead you should say, it's bit easier to pass a project based MS thn a thesis one. Admission requirement is same for thesis/project with 'only one major difference', you can see that major difference in Rhasan's post.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
One is course based Master (MEng) where you will have to pay for your education and thesis/research based Master (MSc/MASc) where you will be getting fund/scholarship/financial assistance for your education. It is always easy to get into MEng because they will be getting money if they give you the admission :p

jadugar

Nov 20, 2011
Mirpur,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
@rhasan hmm,you points are valid and yours posts have logic.
To be realistic,I have more interest in course,project based masters.Would you people guide me in getting admission in course based masters?
Large number of unis are offering thesis based masters ,its difficult to even search course based masters cs.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
jadugar said:
@ rhasan hmm,you points are valid and yours posts have logic.
To be realistic,I have more interest in course,project based masters.Would you people guide me in getting admission in course based masters?
Large number of unis are offering thesis based masters ,its difficult to even search course based masters cs.
Almost EVERY canadian university have MEng and MSc for almost every engineering major (CS/CSE/Electrical). Just browse to graduate program and then go to Course Based program and you can find details about the requirement and stuffs. But be aware that you will not be eligible for ANY kind of funding/scholarship. Banks don't provide loans to intl' students too (apart from credit loan). So all the money is on your own. Some people think of working and studying but that can only get you running your monthly expenses instead of the tuition (if you want to balance your study and work) or else you will have to sacrifice study to earn money.

I don't know your status so I am just giving you few of the scenarios that many people come here with!