+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unexpected reply to CAIPS notes request

saima123

Dec 5, 2009
Today i got reply tp CAIPS request which I sent about 5 weeks back; it said it since the info will be coming from overseas office an extention of 30 days is required to process my case. It said it will depend how fast they forward the info through Ministry of Foriegn Affairs. In other words, they have asked for 30 days more to process my case. has anyone else who had requested CAIPS got such a reply?? I have never heard this before. My hubby's interview is in two weeks and we wanted to review it before that. Could they be delaying it purposely? any input will be appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saima123 said:
Today i got reply tp CAIPS request which I sent about 5 weeks back; it said it since the info will be coming from overseas office an extention of 30 days is required to process my case. It said it will depend how fast they forward the info through Ministry of Foriegn Affairs. In other words, they have asked for 30 days more to process my case. has anyone else who had requested CAIPS got such a reply?? I have never heard this before. My hubby's interview is in two weeks and we wanted to review it before that. Could they be delaying it purposely? any input will be appreciated.
Not that unusual If there is information on the file from 3rd parties as that has to be either removed or permission to release from the 3rd party obtained or you requested the whole file not just the CAIPS notes. Meaning the whole file has to be copied and reviewed.

PMM

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Is it normal, and a good idea, to request CAIPS notes before an interview?

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
How much advance notification does one have before the interview, then? Months? Enough time to order the CAIPS notes? Or should we all order them now, just in case we must go to an interview?

saima123

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for the reply PMM; I am pretty sure I checked the "CAIPS" options while filling the form. Can you pls let me know what could be the third party info, i mean what third parties could they investigate from? could they be indivudulas or only organizations?

Yes, its good to order CAIPS notes but if you wait until interview letter than it might be too late to order. They ususally give 4 to 6 weeks notice before interview but in our case its only 3 weeks notice. I requested CAIPS long time before interview letter but unfortunately it does not seem we will get it before the interview :(

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
toby said:
How much advance notification does one have before the interview, then? Months? Enough time to order the CAIPS notes? Or should we all order them now, just in case we must go to an interview?
visa office can schedule interview starting from a few weeks up to a few months. it's always recommended to get CAIPS notes in advance - it takes 30 days to receive them.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Thanks.

I'm still a bit fuzzy on the sequence.

Hong Kong just got my application on 2 December, so I assume they have not written many CAIPS notes at all. If I order the CAIPS now, will I not get an incomplete transcript, and therefore possibly not see the reasons for requiring the interview?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saima123 said:
Thanks for the reply PMM; I am pretty sure I checked the "CAIPS" options while filling the form. Can you pls let me know what could be the third party info, i mean what third parties could they investigate from? could they be indivudulas or only organizations?

Yes, its good to order CAIPS notes but if you wait until interview letter than it might be too late to order. They ususally give 4 to 6 weeks notice before interview but in our case its only 3 weeks notice. I requested CAIPS long time before interview letter but unfortunately it does not seem we will get it before the interview :(
1. If they received information from a foreign gov't, a police department, a security service,another Canadian dept. this would require permission from the "giver" to release or be removed.

PMM

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
toby said:
Thanks.

I'm still a bit fuzzy on the sequence.

Hong Kong just got my application on 2 December, so I assume they have not written many CAIPS notes at all. If I order the CAIPS now, will I not get an incomplete transcript, and therefore possibly not see the reasons for requiring the interview?
your CAIPS will come in a month time, so there can be 1.5 info related to your sponsorship. if they already asked you for the interview you will definitely see in there the reason.

saima123

Dec 5, 2009
Thnaks for your reply PMM. You mentioned its not unusual to get the reply I did, do you know if anyone else got the same kind of response? I am not aware of anyone who got the same response, all I know is they got the CAIPS notes within 6 weeks, but maybe I am not that well informed. pls let me know if you (or anyone else) has got the same response, we are worried

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saima123 said:
Thnaks for your reply PMM. You mentioned its not unusual to get the reply I did, do you know if anyone else got the same kind of response? I am not aware of anyone who got the same response, all I know is they got the CAIPS notes within 6 weeks, but maybe I am not that well informed. pls let me know if you (or anyone else) has got the same response, we are worried
Quite a few requests for FOSS requests get extension, as there is sometimes quite a bit information that has to be redacted. Less common in CAIPS requests, but it does happen, especially where there is security concerns or criminal records from other agencies.

PMM

saima123

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for the reply PMM; there is no criminal history, what else could be the delay in your opinion? my husband has a child from previous marriage is in custody of the mother. despite best efforts on personal level he could not have access to the child. he could not get his medical for this reason and has not included in the application. Could that be the concern? We have mentioned everything in the application including the address of the ex spouse he knew last. Could that be a problem? Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saima123 said:
Thanks for the reply PMM; there is no criminal history, what else could be the delay in your opinion? my husband has a child from previous marriage is in custody of the mother. despite best efforts on personal level he could not have access to the child. he could not get his medical for this reason and has not included in the application. Could that be the concern? We have mentioned everything in the application including the address of the ex spouse he knew last. Could that be a problem? Thanks
Quite possible that the processing office contacted the ex-spouse and the information that she gave would have to either be removed or have her permission to have it remain in the CAIPS notes send to you. It would be considered Third party information.

PMM

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
can we request CAIPS or copy of file after it was finalized an the sponsored spouse has become a PR?