+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unemployed - Ques 6F (in new form)

access

Nov 14, 2009
Ques 6F - If you were not employed, you must indicate the reason for being unemployed and confirm the dates of your unemployment under “Work/Education” and indicate the time period.

Is below table appropriately filled (due to space constraint) or not – please advise

From To Work/Education Employer or school attended City, Country
YYYY-MM YYYY-MM

2000-10 2000-12 2000-10-05 to 2000-12-21 Unemployed (due to xxx) Toronto, Canada

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think, unless you have a good reason for being unemployed, it's better to say" looking for a job or for work" instead of "unemployed" this shows you were actively doing something not just a burden on the government.

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Hello All

In Question 6f of the application, I did not enter the dates as I was under the impression that the months all already provided in the date column.

What is likely to happen to my application??? received by CIC on 17 March and no information nor the application received back to date. Please advise?

YYYY-MM YYYY-MM

2000-10 2000-12 Unemployed Actively Looking for work Toronto, Canada

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eazeetrade said:
Hello All

In Question 6f of the application, I did not enter the dates as I was under the impression that the months all already provided in the date column.

What is likely to happen to my application??? received by CIC on 17 March and no information nor the application received back to date. Please advise?
The answer to your question is CLEARLY stated in the application form you submitted. "Do not leave this section blank(for dates) if you do, your application will be returned"
I don't know how this happened to you but my advise to any future applicant is Pleeeese do not wait till the eve of your application date to fill the form and drop it in the mail box next morning. I am applying 3 months from now and, guess what, I already downloaded the application form and it's ready to be mailed but everyday I open it and review, review, review and many times I made some changes because I discovered, and I have enough time for that, better way to state something.
Good luck to everybody and sorry to say it but get ready to reapply and have the form ready today.

YYYY-MM YYYY-MM

2000-10 2000-12 Unemployed Actively Looking for work Toronto, Canada

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Thanks for the clarification, There was no blank column in the 6F i submitted, I did not include the exact dates but months were included, under the work/education section I mentioned Unemployed and then went on to mention reasons for unemployment.

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
Is this question in the new form?

It seem CIC just love moronic questions. I remember the laughter when filling the date my mother died on my permanent resident application.

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Hello All

There was no blank column in the 6F i submitted, although I did not include the exact dates but months were included in the appropriate columns, under the work/education section I mentioned Unemployed and then went on to mention reasons for unemployment.

Do you still believe that my application would be returned???

If it is returned then I will be a little disappointed but in a way happy as well, I will receive my CBSA, OHIP claim report in the next couple of days which I will attach with my application in addition to the PHOTOCOPY of all pages of my passport and many other documents which I did not include with my application previously.

If they do send the application form back it may mean a months delay but will give me an opportunity to lodge an application with supporting evidence which will possibly cover all angles CIC may possibly ask...

Interestingly while penning this I was hoping that they return my application.....

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think as you mentioned the dates you included are not exact and for this reason you'll get the application back. Imagine if I tell I have been in Canada since 2010 but I was unemployed in October and November would you know what year I was unemployed? of course not.

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
@Goldline, @Sycalla @elineef Don't quite understand what you mean, There is a column in the application form which asks for month and Year when I was employed/unemployed/student, I included the months and year in the application but not the date

I said I was employed between July 2011- August 2013, what I did not include was the day in august I was working.

Do you still believe that I will get my application back????

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that I looked at the form again, I agree it's a bit confusing.
You must indicate the reason for being unemployed and confirm the dates of your unemployment under work/education and indicate the time period.
so basically what they need is something like

WORK/EDUCATION

2011-08 to 2011-10 unemployed because whatever
from 2011-08-15 to 2011-10-05
or maybe (50 days)
because they ask for the time period

This is too picky :eek:

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Picky yes

But do you think I will still receive my application back??

If it is returned and return the application with all silly details CIC asks for, will my application period begin from the day the application is resend or from my previous date????

If I am forced to reapply then I intend to load the application with tons of documents, any thoughts on why I should not with examples will really help.I downloaded all my bank statements, credit card statements, rent receipts, cbsa report, proof of applying with US CBP, OHIP report, letter from my GP confirming the dates of appointments between 2010-2014.

School records, T4 for 3 years, passport photocopies, rrsp contributions for 3 years, TFSA contribution for 4 years.

Any other documents please advise if you believe that I should not include then I would appreciate it if you could explain on why I should not with proper reasoning.

Cheers

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Hello Could an expert please answer my below query

Thanks
Picky yes

But do you think I will still receive my application back??

If it is returned and return the application with all silly details CIC asks for, will my application period begin from the day the application is resend or from my previous date?Huh

If I am forced to reapply then I intend to load the application with tons of documents, any thoughts on why I should not with examples will really help.I downloaded all my bank statements, credit card statements, rent receipts, cbsa report, proof of applying with US CBP, OHIP report, letter from my GP confirming the dates of appointments between 2010-2014.

School records, T4 for 3 years, passport photocopies, rrsp contributions for 3 years, TFSA contribution for 4 years.

Any other documents please advise if you believe that I should not include then I would appreciate it if you could explain on why I should not with proper reasoning.

Cheers

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you are worrying too much. It's common one can have few months unemployment period during 4 years period. Just put the reason for unemployment like: " Left old job to find new job". Whatever documents you feel is good for you to send, you can send no harm on that. But I don't you should send too much at this point like bank statements, credit card statement

Remember under work documents, School Record/T4/NOA/employment letter are must provide documents (no longer consider additional documents)

Additional/optional documents could be: Passport copies which has stamps on it, CBSA report, OHIP record, rental lease, car insurance. Don't make your application package too heavy for CIC people to figure out burden of proof..