+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Understanding the BC PNP Process

Arka161

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hello there,

I am starting out work on my PR Application, and I was planning on going the BC PNP Tech nomination route. I had a few questions regarding the process and wanted some clarifications.

I understand that I need to have an Express Entry profile created to start a BC PNP application under the EE (online) route. This means I need a Language Test to be completed. After that, if I'm not wrong, I need to provide BC with the documents for my workplace verification (that they're reputed in BC), along with documents related to my language scores, education, etc.

Based on public information, does it take 3 months for the BC Govt. to give me the link to upload all the documents after the score selection (PNP draw), and then another 3 months to process all my documents to verify if they're good? I am not sure if I understand the site correctly!

Furthermore, the official website states that I need to be eligible for either CEC, FSW, or FST even for a PNP-based EE application. But, does that mean that PNP draws and FSW/CEC draws are still discrete. Eg: I am eligible for the FSW program theoretically, but I am not eligible for CEC as I'm just starting work in Canada under a PGWP. Will that mean that if I complete a PNP-based EE application, I will be considered for a PNP draw?

Any guidance on the BC PNP Tech program would be very insightful. I have read all the available links possible but I still have some confusion.

Thanks in advance : )