17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am being the PA in my case, and have been nominated by SINP
I shall be landing by this year-end to Saskatchewan for the initial landing formalities. would stay around a month in Saskatchewan and then I shall return to my home country to prepare myself for the final move.

However, I intend to study further in my field and have shortlisted a course at Concordia University, Montreal.

I intend to make my applications at Concordia University and upon securing my admission, I intend to re-enter Canada and start my course. Next year by June-July-2019, I might land in Montreal (this time as a PR). Would it be an issue ?? Since I was nominated by SINPand received my PR through SINP, would I be under the scanner at Montreal airport ??? or would I be considered a Federal-PR and shall enjoy free movement rights as expressed above.

However, since I am a PNP candidate from SINP I have checked the option of taking a similar/same course in Saskatchewan, but the quality and credibility of the course is not at par with the one in Montreal.

What do you think @legalfalcon.

Do you think I have any issues here... or can I go ahead with the way I am planning right now. (Land-initially at Saskatchewan, stay for a month, complete all formalities, fly-out back. Apply for Concordia University, after securing admissions, re-land at Montreal, undergo the university-course and then see which is the best suitable option - Saskatchewan or Montreal or any other place(Depends on the job opportunities).

Can I do that...?
See
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/understanding-provincial-nomination-pogram/

whyeff

Aug 10, 2019
I have been living in ON for 2 years now, as a temporary worker. I was nominated by OINP 3 months ago.
when I get my PR, will these 2 years I spent here before being nominated count towards the 2 year requirement? or does the "2 years" figure apply to the post-nomination period only?

asman199

May 2, 2018
Hello Experts,

I have a friend who got a "Procedural Fairness Letter" from BC PNP that she misrepresented herself in her PNP application(Lied about her Job in application). so she replied back that it was done by her immigration lawyer and she did not know. 99.9% she will get declined for PNP.

Now she is about to merry someone with PR. So my question is:
1). Can misrepresenting in BC PNP result in her being inadmissible to Canada?
2). Can misrepresenting in BC PNP effect federal applications?
3). Can her mistake made in BC PNP effect her spouse visa that she will apply after marriage?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Mrw123

Aug 29, 2019
Can I as a dependent land in a province different to that of the main applicant? No pnp case.

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
@legalfalcon - Can you please suggest if I can leave province after staying in my nominated province for 2 years? There are 2 reasons - 1) Because of Organization restructuring, my job might go and 2) My sister would be coming to some other province. So, we are planning to stay together. Will it be a legal and logical and solid reason? Kindly suggest

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
@legalfalcon - Can you please suggest if I can leave province after staying in my nominated province for 2 years? There are 2 reasons - 1) Because of Organization restructuring, my job might go and 2) My sister would be coming to some other province. So, we are planning to stay together. Will it be a legal and logical and solid reason? Kindly suggest
If you are pr there is no impact on your citizenship application even if you mobe to different province.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
After you land as a pr you can go to any province.

Shah122567

Jan 24, 2021
I got my pr through provincial nomination in nov 2019 and i recently moved to a different province than my original province as i am getting married soon. I moved few months before to settle down. Should I contact my province and inform them now or after marriage? I was reading its say that it is recommended to inform before but i have already moved what will happened now can someone help me it’s urgent i was thinking to call and inform them is it ok ? @legalfalcon

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

See https://bit.ly/3sPTr5H

saksharma28

Jul 9, 2019
Hi folks!
I got my PR under Alberta PNP program and it's been more than 1 year I am residing in Alberta. I am remotely working for a company which is registered in BC. My question is can I move to Ontario on the grounds that I have my family members (blood relation) there and I want to stay with them?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019

vicky0143

Feb 26, 2020
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2019
Nomination.....
21-05-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
11-08-2020
Hey legalfalcon, I have got PR under OINP program. Can I live in Ontario but work in BC remotely (work from home)?
Is the issue only with residence? Or a work place in a different province too considered misrepresentation?
@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey legalfalcon, I have got PR under OINP program. Can I live in Ontario but work in BC remotely (work from home)?
Is the issue only with residence? Or a work place in a different province too considered misrepresentation?
@legalfalcon
As per law, it is only "intent to reside."

Reactions: vicky0143

Krrai

Mar 20, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon Thanks for the detailed post about PNP obligation. Now due to the pandemic most companies are allowing remote working. So if I am getting an opportunity to work from my nominated province remotely but my company is located in another province then which province will get the tax? Will it be an issue if the company pays tax to the province where its located and not to the province where I am located. Is this allowed for PNP nominated candidates?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon Thanks for the detailed post about PNP obligation. Now due to the pandemic most companies are allowing remote working. So if I am getting an opportunity to work from my nominated province remotely but my company is located in another province then which province will get the tax? Will it be an issue if the company pays tax to the province where its located and not to the province where I am located. Is this allowed for PNP nominated candidates?
As a PR, you can work for any employer ad even start your own business. What matters is that you reside in your nominating province, it does not matte whom you work for and who gets taxes.

Also, you pay taxes to the province you live in.