+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Understanding parental sponsership

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am trying to understand parents/grandparents' sponsorship.

So far my understanding has been that a link with a "Interest to sponsor" form will pop up something end of the year or start of the year which will ask for following sponsor information.
  • Last name(s) (also known as family name, surname);
  • Given name(s) (also known as first name);
  • Date of birth;
  • Country or territory of birth;
  • Main home address;
  • Postal Code; and
  • Email address

The form will NOT ask anything about people being sponsored i.e. parents/grandparents. I should keep following CIC twitter and facebook accounts to get the form link. That link can disappear or close within 5-7 minutes as I was informed by someone and sometimes it can also be a lottery system.

Once I have submitted the interest I will receive a code if my application is selected and then will need to submit the traditional manual forms to CIC office for processing.

Is my understanding correct and is following twitter /facebook the best way to get this thing done?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am trying to understand parents/grandparents' sponsorship.

So far my understanding has been that a link with a "Interest to sponsor" form will pop up something end of the year or start of the year which will ask for following sponsor information.
  • Last name(s) (also known as family name, surname);
  • Given name(s) (also known as first name);
  • Date of birth;
  • Country or territory of birth;
  • Main home address;
  • Postal Code; and
  • Email address

The form will NOT ask anything about people being sponsored i.e. parents/grandparents. I should keep following CIC twitter and facebook accounts to get the form link. That link can disappear or close within 5-7 minutes as I was informed by someone and sometimes it can also be a lottery system.

Once I have submitted the interest I will receive a code if my application is selected and then will need to submit the traditional manual forms to CIC office for processing.

Is my understanding correct and is following twitter /facebook the best way to get this thing done?
Your understanding is pretty much correct for this past year.

We don't know if the same process will apply again for next year.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your understanding is pretty much correct for this past year.

We don't know if the same process will apply again for next year.
Thanks

Based on the trends do you think I should be following something else too?

I just dont want to be in a position of asking 2-3 people to keep following CIC social media accounts finally to find out that they did some lottery system coming year, if they do lottery I believe it will again be CIC social media page.

Am I correct? Should I be focusing on something else based on past trends?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The process is likeLy to change next year. How drastically will likely depend on who gets elected. There will not be the same FIFO process like last year so there is no need to try to get ready for the same process. Any promises made during the election may not actually happen. The announcement regarding a PGP will likely still happen in December which will give you plenty of time to figure out whether you qualify to apply next year. Given the demand for the program I think they may look at time spent in Canada to figure out who qualifies but that’s only my guess. Rewarding people who have settled longterm in Canada would make sense.