+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Understanding NOC

krupalis25

Sep 22, 2017
Hello,

I am having a hard time finding my job position under NOC. An agent tells me my category should be A meanwhile my job duties are split in B categories 1221 and 1222. My job role is of an admission advisor and some of my duties are >>

The Admissions Advisor is one of four advisor positions that provide overlapping front line support services for a
broad range of initiatives in the Office of the Registrar. The primary role of this position will be focused on
providing expert advice and assistance regarding college Admissions related questions and processes for full and
part-time students while providing general knowledge assistance of the other areas as required. This position
reports to the Manager, Admissions and will be assigned to work within a workgroup where day-to-day activities
will be monitored by the workgroup lead for the area.
The Admissions Advisor must retain a wide range of knowledge on programs, courses, academic policies, Humber
and Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) policies and procedures and college services. The
incumbent at times may deal with sensitive and highly confidential information and communicates directly with
prospective students, applicants, guidance counsellors, parents, faculty, college administrators, and other
authorized third-parties.
Specific types of assistance or information requests will include
- Reviews the OCAS applications to determine program eligibility
- Advises and communicates with prospective students and applicants on various Admission related issues
and concerns including
o The OCAS process and Humber admissions requirements
o Admissions testing and audition requirements
o Advising students of alternative programs if their first choice is full or applicant is not qualified
- Requests and evaluates documents required for the application process
- Prepares and distributes admission packages for successful applicants
- Supports the Recruitment and Admissions process for the College
The position is focused on providing information and services through multiple service paths including: in person;
in writing by e-mail or standard post; by telephone; or other electronic media.
The incumbent is expected to work on various assignments associated with the Office of the Registrar that have
guidelines and strict deadlines whereby the individual is required to coordinate multiple priorities and deadlines
effectively.

If anyone can help me figure this out, that would be a great help :) Thank you.

26I

Apr 8, 2020
Hello,

I am having a hard time finding my job position under NOC. An agent tells me my category should be A meanwhile my job duties are split in B categories 1221 and 1222. My job role is of an admission advisor and some of my duties are >>

The Admissions Advisor is one of four advisor positions that provide overlapping front line support services for a
broad range of initiatives in the Office of the Registrar. The primary role of this position will be focused on
providing expert advice and assistance regarding college Admissions related questions and processes for full and
part-time students while providing general knowledge assistance of the other areas as required. This position
reports to the Manager, Admissions and will be assigned to work within a workgroup where day-to-day activities
The Admissions Advisor must retain a wide range of knowledge on programs, courses, academic policies, Humber
and Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) policies and procedures and college services. The
incumbent at times may deal with sensitive and highly confidential information and communicates directly with
prospective students, applicants, guidance counsellors, parents, faculty, college administrators, and other
- Advises and communicates with prospective students and applicants on various Admission related issues
and concerns including
o Advising students of alternative programs if their first choice is full or applicant is not qualified
The position is focused on providing information and services through multiple service paths including: in person;
The incumbent is expected to work on various assignments associated with the Office of the Registrar that have
guidelines and strict deadlines whereby the individual is required to coordinate multiple priorities and deadlines
effectively.

Hello,

and concerns including
effectively.

I am facing a similar situation please could you let me know what did you finally go with?