+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

undergraduate certificate (one year)

Dhaliwan

Jan 10, 2022
Was this in Canada or outside Canada (ECA)? What is the certificate?
i did one year diploma computer application in india (university). I had to get my ECA done for which I selected WES Organization. my education was given the equivalency of an undergraduate certificate (one year)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i did one year diploma computer application in india (university). I had to get my ECA done for which I selected WES Organization. my education was given the equivalency of an undergraduate certificate (one year)
You are asking under Education so what did IRCC refuse and the reasons. What program were you applying to?

Dhaliwan

Jan 10, 2022
You are asking under Education so what did IRCC refuse and the reasons. What program were you applying to?
PA has submitted an application for permanent residence under the Home Child Care
Provider Class NOC 4411. One the eligibility requirement for applicants with a foreign educational
credentials is that the ECA report must •indicate that the credential is equivalent to a completed
Canadian 1-year post-secondary (or higher) educational credential •be less than 5 years old on the
date of application receipt •have been issued on or after the date the ECA organization was
designated by IRCC -As per ECA report from WES submitted by PA, they have a Canadian
equivalency of "Secondary School diploma and Undergraduate Certificate". PA does not meet
the requirement for Education, as they did not complete a post-secondary program therefore they
did not receive a post-secondary Canadian credential. PA does not meet the eligibility
requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Home Child Care Provider Class NOC
4411. Application refused and letter sent to PA. RPRF and biometrics refund initiated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
PA has submitted an application for permanent residence under the Home Child Care
Provider Class NOC 4411. One the eligibility requirement for applicants with a foreign educational
credentials is that the ECA report must •indicate that the credential is equivalent to a completed
Canadian 1-year post-secondary (or higher) educational credential •be less than 5 years old on the
date of application receipt •have been issued on or after the date the ECA organization was
designated by IRCC -As per ECA report from WES submitted by PA, they have a Canadian
equivalency of "Secondary School diploma and Undergraduate Certificate". PA does not meet
the requirement for Education, as they did not complete a post-secondary program therefore they
did not receive a post-secondary Canadian credential. PA does not meet the eligibility
requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Home Child Care Provider Class NOC
4411. Application refused and letter sent to PA. RPRF and biometrics refund initiated.
Order GCMS notes to see full notes. Contact a Canadian immigration lawyer to get an opinion on next steps. It will cost money. The issue is that the rules state:
  • indicate that the credential is equivalent to a completed Canadian 1-year post-secondary (or higher) educational credential
You received an undergraduate certificate which may not be considered “education credential” or a completion of a program.

You can go through the Federal Courts to initiate a Judicial Review. You need to do that within 60 days (I think). Again contact a lawyer.

Last edited:

Dhaliwan

Jan 10, 2022
Order GCMS notes to see full notes. Contact a Canadian immigration lawyer to get an opinion on next steps. It will cost money. The issue is that the rules state:
  • indicate that the credential is equivalent to a completed Canadian 1-year post-secondary (or higher) educational credential
You received an undergraduate certificate which may not be considered “education credential” or a completion of a program.

You can go through the Federal Courts to initiate a Judicial Review. You need to do that within 60 days (I think). Again contact a lawyer.
it is GCMS nots.

Dhaliwan

Jan 10, 2022
So when did you get refusal if you waited for GCMS notes? Have you talked to a Canadian immigration lawyer.
it is GCMS notes

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
it is GCMS notes
If these are the notes, when did you get the letter of refusal? What is the date on your letter of refusal?