+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Under wardship child and PR

Albatros 3-11

Feb 7, 2018
You will need to legally adopt the child according to the laws of her country AND Canada.
IRCC does not accept adoptions from some counties however. What is her citizenship?
A ward is not a member of the "Family Class" and cannot be included as a dependent child.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadians/adopt-child-abroad/restrictions.html
However, i am currently dwelling in Ukraine with my whole family. Therefore, i am going to adopt child as resident of Ukraine. I don't see any problem exept time and i will get all necessary papers. And then i will apply to visa center in Kiev

Albatros 3-11

Feb 7, 2018
She can't be included as a dependent until the adoption is finalized. CIC will not include her now since the adoption is still in progress. Even once she is adopted, it's not guaranteed that PR will be approved since she is not an orphan. It will depend on a number of other factors.
It is rather interesting and unuderstandable information, why CIC will not approved PR if she will have all completed documents? According these papers i will be like real parent where there is all information about me as a father. She will get all new documents with my information.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It is rather interesting and unuderstandable information, why CIC will not approved PR if she will have all completed documents? According these papers i will be like real parent where there is all information about me as a father. She will get all new documents with my information.
There's a very simple explanation for this.

It's because there are sometimes adoptions of convenience and people have abused the process in the past. For example, people have adopted the child of a family member or close friend for the sole reason of being able to give that child PR status. In these cases, the biological parents are still in the child's life, the adoption is effectively fake from that perspective and the only reason it's been done is to facilitate PR for the child.

That's why the adoption papers themselves are not enough. You will need to demonstrate that she has full severed the relationship with her biological parents and you are the primary caregivers and have been for some time.

Albatros 3-11

Feb 7, 2018
There's a very simple explanation for this.

It's because there are sometimes adoptions of convenience and people have abused the process in the past. For example, people have adopted the child of a family member or close friend for the sole reason of being able to give that child PR status. In these cases, the biological parents are still in the child's life, the adoption is effectively fake from that perspective and the only reason it's been done is to facilitate PR for the child.

That's why the adoption papers themselves are not enough. You will need to demonstrate that she has full severed the relationship with her biological parents and you are the primary caregivers and have been for some time.
How she can demonstrate the lack of relatoinship with her biological parents if she never seen them and know nothing about them moreover she will dwell in Canada waiting PR status and on the contrary her parents live in Ukraine.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How she can demonstrate the lack of relatoinship with her biological parents if she never seen them and know nothing about them moreover she will dwell in Canada waiting PR status and on the contrary her parents live in Ukraine.
It should be really easy in that case. What you will want to demonstrate is that she has been living you with many years and that you have been playing the role of her parents for this time (i.e. taking care of her basic needs including clothing, housing, schooling).

Albatros 3-11

Feb 7, 2018
It should be really easy in that case. What you will want to demonstrate is that she has been living you with many years and that you have been playing the role of her parents for this time (i.e. taking care of her basic needs including clothing, housing, schooling).
Yes, you are right! She has been living in my family more than 12 years and she is ensured all necessary stuff. However, how can i do the changes in my file after adoption that was sent to CIC? I sent it by mailing and CIC doesn't start to process yet.

Albatros 3-11

Feb 7, 2018
Hello again!!
I have found such information:
Custody issues: dependent children
Applicants who have included in their application children who are subject to custody orders must provide proof that they are allowed to remove the children from the area of jurisdiction of the court. The parent or legal guardian overseas must provide written consent for the child to travel to Canada for the purposes of becoming a permanent resident. A court order is acceptable in cases where that person is unwilling to provide consent.

It means that i have opportunities to take the child who under wardship with me and she can obtain PR!? Or maybe i interpreter wrongly?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello again!!
I have found such information:
Custody issues: dependent children
Applicants who have included in their application children who are subject to custody orders must provide proof that they are allowed to remove the children from the area of jurisdiction of the court. The parent or legal guardian overseas must provide written consent for the child to travel to Canada for the purposes of becoming a permanent resident. A court order is acceptable in cases where that person is unwilling to provide consent.

It means that i have opportunities to take the child who under wardship with me and she can obtain PR!? Or maybe i interpreter wrongly?
No - that's not at all what this says. This doesn't relate to your situation since your daughter is not even recognized as a dependent at this time.

What you've quoted typically relates to situations where the biological parents have divorced and one parent is taking the child to Canada. The parent taking the child to Canada must obtain written consent from the other biological parent to remove the child from the home country and take them to Canada. If the other biological parent refuses consent, a court order must be obtained to allow the child to be moved.

Once again, you must legally complete the adoption. Right now your daughter is not recognized as a dependent. Only a legal adoption will ensure she can be recognized as a dependent.

Albatros 3-11

Feb 7, 2018
No - that's not at all what this says. This doesn't relate to your situation since your daughter is not even recognized as a dependent at this time.

What you've quoted typically relates to situations where the biological parents have divorced and one parent is taking the child to Canada. The parent taking the child to Canada must obtain written consent from the other biological parent to remove the child from the home country and take them to Canada. If the other biological parent refuses consent, a court order must be obtained to allow the child to be moved.

Once again, you must legally complete the adoption. Right now your daughter is not recognized as a dependent. Only a legal adoption will ensure she can be recognized as a dependent.
Oh, thans a lot)
But i have already rejoiced)) Frankly speaking, i am searching defferent variants to obtain PR without adoption. Because it is so long way to adopt child that can last 4-8 months. In such case i can loose my job offer. Ok, maybe era there other legal ways to get PR if we will stay in Canada? For instance, i and my immediate family will get PR exept under wardship child and she will be studying at school until completing and then we extend study permit further. Are there any programmes to get PR for her and ways?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh, thans a lot)
But i have already rejoiced)) Frankly speaking, i am searching defferent variants to obtain PR without adoption. Because it is so long way to adopt child that can last 4-8 months. In such case i can loose my job offer. Ok, maybe era there other legal ways to get PR if we will stay in Canada? For instance, i and my immediate family will get PR exept under wardship child and she will be studying at school until completing and then we extend study permit further. Are there any programmes to get PR for her and ways?
Until she is a PR, she needs a study permit to study in Canada. As an international student, she will have to pay around $15K per year to attend public school (more for private school). She may eventually qualify for PR on her own through studying. However this won't be possible until she has completed a university degree or at least a college diploma and has a few years of work experience.

Albatros 3-11

Feb 7, 2018
As far as i am concerned, the public schools in Canada are free moreover i raised this issue by Adjointe administrative where my child will be study.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As far as i am concerned, the public schools in Canada are free moreover i raised this issue by Adjointe administrative where my child will be study.
It's only guaranteed to be free once your child is either a PR or you can show proof a PR application is in progress. Until then, most school require you to pay. Sometimes schools will make an exception - but that's certainly not guaranteed. If you've already made the arrangements - that's great.

Albatros 3-11

Feb 7, 2018
It's only guaranteed to be free once your child is either a PR or you can show proof a PR application is in progress. Until then, most school require you to pay. Sometimes schools will make an exception - but that's certainly not guaranteed. If you've already made the arrangements - that's great.
However, maybe it is in the most schools but i have accaptance letter from school where is point out that the studying at school is free