+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Under 22 at the time applied but now over 22...PLEASE HELP

alina2

Mar 6, 2013
HI,

My dad applied for canadian business immigration (entreprneur category) in 2007 at Islamabad office in pakistan. I was 18 when he applied but now after 7 years they have asked for the documents and I am 25 years old. When i was looking at the form it asks for what type of dependent i am to my dad. Now I have two questions. What type of dependent I am ? Am i still a dependent or not ? I am not going to school anymore and i am not married.

What type of dependent i Am ? A,B or C ?

Thanks. :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are A because you were under 22 when he applied. Your age was locked in when he applied so as long as you don't get married, you continue to be seen as a dependent child under this application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might however want to write in a cover letter that you are type A because you were under 22 when the application went in and your age was locked in at that time. The visa officers can look for that in their manuals but sometimes they seem to get confused between A and B themselves and start asking if you are a full time student which in your case is completely irrelevant.

You can find the definition of lock-in age here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf on page 9 and also here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf page 19 where it says:

If age is a factor that makes an applicant admissible, officers should use the applicant’s age on
the lock-in date. As long as they are the right age on the lock-in date, they can surpass it before
admission.

alina2

Mar 6, 2013
Thank you leon. I have another question. What should i write in form imm5669 personal history section? Activity ? Because i left school in 2008 and since then i did not work. There are couple of travels abroad and thats it.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So what have you been doing for the past 5 years? Absolutely nothing? I guess you could write unemployed or if you have been doing volunteer work, you could write that.

alina2

Mar 6, 2013
Hey Leon

I have been helping my dad in his business part time. I havent done any volunteer work. My dad financially supports me.

Thats what i have been doing for last 5 years. What should i write?

Thanks for the help.

alina2

Mar 6, 2013
I dont get paid for the work i do...i just help him. I live in his house. He takes care of all my expenses.

Thanks for the help leon...much appreciated

alina2

Mar 6, 2013
Hi,

What should I write in form IMM0008 as my current occupation and my intended occupation. And in form IMM0008 Schedule 6 Should i write the exchange rate of Canadian $ to Pak rupee in 2002-2007 because my father submitted the original application in 2007. every year different exchange rate for sales, net income, net assets?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alina2 said:
Hi,

I have another question. What should I write in form IMM0008 as my current occupation and my intended occupation.

Thanks.
Ask yourself those questions and write your answers truthfully. I can not tell you what your current occupation is because I frankly don't know. I also do not know what your intended occupation is. You can tell me but you don't have to. Just fill it in on the form.

alina2

Mar 6, 2013
Hi,

In form IMM0008 Schedule 6 Should i write the exchange rate of Canadian $ to Pak rupee in 2002-2007 because my father submitted the original application in 2007. every year different exchange rate for sales, net income, net assets?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alina2 said:
I just help my dad part time with his business...thats it. I dont know what to write.

Thanks
So what do you help him with exactly? Do you help him in the office? Then you are working part time as an office assistant. Does he have a shop where you work behind the counter? Then you are a shop assistant etc. etc.

As for your future plans, you must know what your future plans are. What kind of job do you want in Canada? Do you want to study? If you want to study something in order to do some job, just say that.

alina2

Mar 6, 2013
I work behind the counter, i manage other employees, i am the cashier too...I want to help my dad in his business in Canada as well. So what will my current occupation and future occupation will be ?

Thanks Leon