+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Undeclared marriage

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
And when he apply as skilled worker,do he needs to put that he is married and he need to put us on his dependant. If that happens,the CICC will know that I’m already here. ryt? and maybe then will revoked my PR? So the scenario now is he is the one who is here. and Im the one who needs to leave.
Unlikely IRCC will care if he applies on his own. You need to remember that he is ineligible for spousal sponsorship, not ineligible for immigration. But he does need to list you as his spouse.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Do she needs to apply dual citizenship? Cause as far as I know you need to stay here 6months in a year to maintain your citizenship..
No such requirement. Once a Canadian, always a Canadian unless you renounce your citizenship.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to check with your country if dual citizenship is allowable.

1. You could move back to your home country. Your daughter can return on her own when she is 18 ( since you only plan to remain 10 years.
oh my God! is that true??
Do she needs to apply dual citizenship? Cause as far as I know you need to stay here 6months in a year to maintain your citizenship..

Btw,thankyou for lighting up my mood, Ive been depressed for almost a week. And Im so devastated.

Reactions: Buletruck

Banananananaa

Jul 19, 2018
Unlikely IRCC will care if he applies on his own. You need to remember that he is ineligible for spousal sponsorship, not ineligible for immigration. But he does need to list you as his spouse.

okay. so he will put single to his marital status.. Hope he will be qualified as skilled worker. That’s why Im wishing right now.

M

mikeymyke

okay. so he will put single to his marital status.. Hope he will be qualified as skilled worker. That’s why Im wishing right now.
I dont think youre understanding this, but you cannot lie at all in any part of your app. If youre married, then your status is married. You wouldnt want to have your second app be refused for misrepresenting again right?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You need to check with your country if dual citizenship is allowable.
Even if it isn’t, I’m pretty sure that most countries allow children under 18 to maintain both until 18 and then they have to decide one or the other. But you’re correct, check first.

Banananananaa

Jul 19, 2018
Even if it isn’t, I’m pretty sure that most countries allow children under 18 to maintain both until 18 and then they have to decide one or the other. But you’re correct, check first.

When she become 18 , I will let her choose. to be Canadian Citizen. and give up being the Filipino Citizen

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I really dont know what to do
Then take a step back and stop stressing about it for a while. Do some research into the topic and assess the options. Have your spouse look into immigration on his own. Wait to see what his options and possibilities are before doing anything drastic. Your daughter is eligible for dual citizenship, so there is no decision to make there (that might change in the future, but no sense worrying about things that haven’t happened yet). IRCC does not revoke the status of everyone who commits misrepresentation, only in cases where it’s serious or the PR has given them some reason to investigate (like a spousal sponsorship or citizenship application). If you don’t encourage them to dig deeper, they won’t.

Reactions: Banananananaa
M

mikeymyke

Why didnt you declare in the first place? Its a really easy thing to do.

Also canada has LOTS of Filipino workers here, why dont you just immigrate here the same way they did? (skilled worker)

Banananananaa

Jul 19, 2018
Why didnt you declare in the first place? Its a really easy thing to do.

Also canada has LOTS of Filipino workers here, why dont you just immigrate here the same way they did? (skilled worker)

I didnt declare cause I just sponsored by my mother.
We just married to the belief that my child will be name after him.
I didnt know that it will be the consequence of that.

Banananananaa

Jul 19, 2018
Then take a step back and stop stressing about it for a while. Do some research into the topic and assess the options. Have your spouse look into immigration on his own. Wait to see what his options and possibilities are before doing anything drastic. Your daughter is eligible for dual citizenship, so there is no decision to make there (that might change in the future, but no sense worrying about things that haven’t happened yet). IRCC does not revoke the status of everyone who commits misrepresentation, only in cases where it’s serious or the PR has given them some reason to investigate (like a spousal sponsorship or citizenship application). If you don’t encourage them to dig deeper, they won’t.

so maybe I’ll just leave it there . cause I think there’s no thing I can do with that. Thankyou for your response.
Maybe after 10years I’ll be honest to IRCC that I commit misinterpretation. How about the humanitarian?

M

mikeymyke

Theres no humanitarian case as you guys committed misrepresentation. Also note that your mom is at risk of losing her PR as well, since she misrepresented

Again, explore the skilled worker route. You have the English, now you just need the work experience. Is that not an option at all? You know that many Filipinos immigrated here that way right? Why are you any different?