+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Undeclared Dependents

Vic1030

Jun 18, 2014
Hi everyone, I would like to ask if I can sponsor someday my undeclared illegitimate child which I had an affair with other woman during the time that we had a problem with my wife. As of this time we are already not living in the same house in montreal and I am planning to divorce my wife after one year. Me and my daughter sponsored by my wife under family sponsorship and my daughter living with her mom.

My wife cheated on me 1st during the process of our PR and we fixed our marriage by that time, but I had an affair to other woman before we fixed our marriage.

What are the consequences I am facing in the future?Hope someone will explain to me.

thank you

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Undeclared dependents can never be sponsored under the family class. By not declaring them, they are forever excluded from the family class of whomever failed to declare them.

Not declaring dependents is one of the most serious forms of misrepresentation and if found out, in the most extreme case, could lead to your PR being revoked.

The only option that would allow sponsoring undeclared dependents would consist of you renouncing your current PR, reapplying from scratch (if you can qualify in some other immigration stream, as you were originally sponsored by your wife) and then declaring the child in that application. It's very risky which is why it's usually not really seen as a real option, but it's there.

Vic1030

Jun 18, 2014
Undeclared dependents can never be sponsored under the family class. By not declaring them, they are forever excluded from the family class of whomever failed to declare them.

Not declaring dependents is one of the most serious forms of misrepresentation and if found out, in the most extreme case, could lead to your PR being revoked.

The only option that would allow sponsoring undeclared dependents would consist of you renouncing your current PR, reapplying from scratch (if you can qualify in some other immigration stream, as you were originally sponsored by your wife) and then declaring the child in that application. It's very risky which is why it's usually not really seen as a real option, but it's there.
Thank you np08 for that very informative response, how about if I will be going to sponsor the mother of that undeclared child after divorcing my ex wife? Thank you again

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Thank you np08 for that very informative response, how about if I will be going to sponsor the mother of that undeclared child after divorcing my ex wife? Thank you again
The child is still yours. You will have to provide information on the child, including who their parents are. And at that point it becomes obvious it's a child you never declared in your original application, rendering the child excluded from the family class and your own misrepresentation known to IRCC.

Vic1030

Jun 18, 2014
The child is still yours. You will have to provide information on the child, including who their parents are. And at that point it becomes obvious it's a child you never declared in your original application, rendering the child excluded from the family class and your own misrepresentation known to IRCC.
Thank you np08, What if I am going to tell the truth that the situation was complicated by the time of our PR processing, though my wife will not be able to accept to include or declare the baby in the application?Is there any way to explain in the IRCC?Since that we will not b able to fixed our marriage anymore.Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you np08, What if I am going to tell the truth that the situation was complicated by the time of our PR processing, though my wife will not be able to accept to include or declare the baby in the application?Is there any way to explain in the IRCC?Since that we will not b able to fixed our marriage anymore.Thank you
IRCC will not care what your personal problems were. You committed misrepresentation and the child is excluded.

Reactions: msb

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Unfortunately, personal issues like that don't count. The child was your dependent and since you were the one being sponsored, you had an obligation to declare them.

Canadian immigration is generally quite lenient, but this is one of those things where there are no options or second chances. The child is either declared or not. And if not, they're forever excluded from being sponsored.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone, I would like to ask if I can sponsor someday my undeclared illegitimate child which I had an affair with other woman during the time that we had a problem with my wife. As of this time we are already not living in the same house in montreal and I am planning to divorce my wife after one year. Me and my daughter sponsored by my wife under family sponsorship and my daughter living with her mom.

My wife cheated on me 1st during the process of our PR and we fixed our marriage by that time, but I had an affair to other woman before we fixed our marriage.

What are the consequences I am facing in the future?Hope someone will explain to me.

thank you
Don't waste your time on the forum. Your immigration history, with all of the previous willful misrepresentation, is a complete mess and beyond the level of advice that we can provide.
You need to be working with a competent immigration lawyer in Canada to determine what, if any, options you have going forward.
You will be lucky to come out of this with your own PR intact, as you should never have been granted PR status in the first place, because of your misrepresentation.

Last edited:

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
You run the risk to lose your own PR status by trying to discuss with IRCC your situation. They will see it as misrepresentation.