+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Undeclared dependent

JCJ28

Jun 4, 2019
Hi everyone! Just want to share. CIC will be having a 2 year pilot program for undeclared family member and vulnerable worker cases this will start by Sept. 09 2019.

Reactions: Shandy16

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Just keep in mind , the Federal Election is coming up in the fall, and if the present Government doesn’t get elected any of these “ pilot” projects can be modified or cancelled
Have no idea why the government throws out programs, in an election year, knowing anything can change dependent upon who is in power

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, a great opportunity to commit immigration fraud and get away with it with no consequence.
Wellll.. to be fair, if the government does actually change the law, it will no longer be fraud.

I agree that the chances of this actually happening are remote. The elections will determine what actually happens.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wellll.. to be fair, if the government does actually change the law, it will no longer be fraud.

I agree that the chances of this actually happening are remote. The elections will determine what actually happens.
This is simply a pilot project, the implementation of which will be some form of H&C. Nothing to do with changing the law at this point. It only applies to refugees, protected people and those sponsored as a spouse/partner or dependent child, as all of these categories are already Excessive Demand Exempt. Even if the law changed, it would likely only be applied to the streams that are already EDE, just like this pilot. R117(9)(d) is there to close the loophole that would allow people to immigrate without including their medically inadmissible family members and then sponsor said family members through the Family Class, where they would no longer be inadmissible. It would still be fraud for all those who immigrate through a non-EDE stream, like the OP of this thread.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017

No, the action committed is still a fraud. The pilot program the current government is going to implied is just to provide a leeway to pardon it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your reason would i think be valid for your husband to sponsor your son under H& C ground
I applied for my undeclared child last November, now he just had his medical
Just warning you that having a medical doesn't equal approval. Not saying you will be denied either but the decision hasn't necessarily been made. Almost everyone is sent for a medical.

Kunalm

Nov 11, 2017
Hello,

My husband is a permanent resident, before he went to canada i gave birth to our son. Our son was not declared as his dependent. Im well aware that this is misinterpretation on his part if he decided to sponsor me as his principal applicant if i declare our son.
But what if his Visa was issued September then i gave birth October and he landed Canada in December.
Is it safe from misinterpretation since he receive his visa prior to the birth of our son??

Please help
Thank you
Hi Katrina,
I am in the same boat we landed Toronto 1st June Me , my Wife and our first child all three were part of PR application but we did not include our second child 2 month old. We have got our PR activated but as we have not declared our 2nd child - she i think will be excluded from the family sponsorship. What steps are you taking now ? and does the Pilot programe will help me to get through this issue ?
Thanks Kunal

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Katrina,
I am in the same boat we landed Toronto 1st June Me , my Wife and our first child all three were part of PR application but we did not include our second child 2 month old. We have got our PR activated but as we have not declared our 2nd child - she i think will be excluded from the family sponsorship. What steps are you taking now ? and does the Pilot programe will help me to get through this issue ?
Thanks Kunal
No, the pilot doesn't apply to you. Your child is excluded. You would need to renounce your PR status and apply again with your child included.

Kunalm

Nov 11, 2017
No, the pilot doesn't apply to you. Your child is excluded. You would need to renounce your PR status and apply again with your child included.
What tells that Pilot does not apply to me ? as in the website i read that everyone who did not declared their child / spouse can do that within 2 year pilot . Can you please explain why it does not apply to me ?
Thanks and Regards,
Kunal

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
What tells that Pilot does not apply to me ? as in the website i read that everyone who did not declared their child / spouse can do that within 2 year pilot . Can you please explain why it does not apply to me ?
Thanks and Regards,
Kunal
Have a read of the passage on the webpage: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2019/05/canada-introduces-new-measures-for-vulnerable-individuals.html

"As of September 9, 2019, we will launch a 2-year pilot project where a person (resettled refugee, was conferred refugee protection in Canada or were themselves sponsored as a spouse, partner or dependent child) who came to Canada can now sponsor undeclared immediate family members."

It only applies if you came as a refugee, or were yourself sponsored by someone else.

Kunalm

Nov 11, 2017
Have a read of the passage on the webpage: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2019/05/canada-introduces-new-measures-for-vulnerable-individuals.html

"As of September 9, 2019, we will launch a 2-year pilot project where a person (resettled refugee, was conferred refugee protection in Canada or were themselves sponsored as a spouse, partner or dependent child) who came to Canada can now sponsor undeclared immediate family members."

It only applies if you came as a refugee, or were yourself sponsored by someone else.
Yes i was sponsored by my Wife - she was primary applicant - she sponsored our 2 yr old child and myself. Now we 3 have PR activated.
Hence can i not file sponsorship in pilot for our 2 month old child as we did not included her initially due to thinking of it will delay the PR process ( which was a bad mistake )
Thanks and Regards,
kunal

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Yes i was sponsored by my Wife - she was primary applicant - she sponsored our 2 yr old child and myself. Now we 3 have PR activated.
Hence can i not file sponsorship in pilot for our 2 month old child as we did not included her initially due to thinking of it will delay the PR process ( which was a bad mistake )
Thanks and Regards,
kunal
Did she actually do a completely separate and different Family Class Sponsorship application for you or were you just included as dependents in her PR application?
If the second case, then you were NOT sponsored.