+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Undeclared Child

bailey22

Nov 3, 2020
I just submitted my work permit application and now I would like to ask about the Medical Examination. I'm worried because I have a CS operation. I don’t know how to explain it. I am worried it will affect my over all application. I have a child but I did not declare it because it was not named after me. Meaning I am not the parent who appears on the birth certificate. I have never had a problem in Macau before because of this. But I think the Canadian Visa Office is more stringent to this. Do you have any advice?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I just submitted my work permit application and now I would like to ask about the Medical Examination. I'm worried because I have a CS operation. I don’t know how to explain it. I am worried it will affect my over all application. I have a child but I did not declare it because it was not named after me. Meaning I am not the parent who appears on the birth certificate. I have never had a problem in Macau before because of this. But I think the Canadian Visa Office is more stringent to this. Do you have any advice?
If CS = C-Section operation then I doubt it will be trouble, medically speaking, if there are no other complications which require an ongoing treatment or may present a major expense in future.

Not declaring a Child is gross misrepresentation unless "not named after me" means that child has now been adopted by someone else. If you have a child but he does not have your name on BC then its a complication of itself. I don't know about the laws of your country nor I can comment on how guardianship etc works out but you might want to review your situation with a competent lawyer who knows immigration laws. Unless one understands your situation and how it works with canadian immigration laws, its hard to comment.

bailey22

Nov 3, 2020
If CS = C-Section operation then I doubt it will be trouble, medically speaking, if there are no other complications which require an ongoing treatment or may present a major expense in future.

Not declaring a Child is gross misrepresentation unless "not named after me" means that child has now been adopted by someone else. If you have a child but he does not have your name on BC then its a complication of itself. I don't know about the laws of your country nor I can comment on how guardianship etc works out but you might want to review your situation with a competent lawyer who knows immigration laws. Unless one understands your situation and how it works with canadian immigration laws, its hard to comment.
Yes, the child has been adopted since birth. So I didnt sign any BC because the ones who signed it is the family who adopted her. I am fully detached from the child. I am just worried about the scar from my CS operation since I might get questioned about not declaring any child, when in the first place I dont have any dependent or any document saying that I have children.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yes, the child has been adopted since birth. So I didnt sign any BC because the ones who signed it is the family who adopted her. I am fully detached from the child. I am just worried about the scar from my CS operation since I might get questioned about not declaring any child, when in the first place I dont have any dependent or any document saying that I have children.
This is a matter that is also governed by local law. In my country, biological mother's name ALWAYS goes into BC AFAIK. If such is not the case in your jurisdiction, then thats fine. You might want to consult a lawyer regarding how best to present the situation. You are biological mother of that child but NOT the legal gaurdian or legal parent. Is it essential to convey this information to immigration in Canada? I don't know completely.

BTW, a scar is hardly a proof of a Child. A C-section only means a surgical procedure. Mere C-section does not mean you *should* have a Child. It means you were possibly pregnent and had a C-Section done. I will say talk to a lawyer as this needs a deeper insight.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
You have nothing to worry about. That's not what they are looking for in a medical test.