+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uncle in Canada will be financially supporting me: is this bad?

2nose

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Hi everyone,

My cousin from Turkey is coming to study secondary school in Canada at a private academy. All tuition, room and board are paid for through scholarships and with the help of my father (we are citizens). Because my cousin comes from a poor family, we are also going to submit documentation that we are willing to support him financially while he is here (even though most of his needs are covered by his tuition, room and board) should he need anything by submitting bank statements belonging to my father. But are worried that revealing this family connection will jeopardize the application (family ties in Canada, etc). My questions:

1) Would opening an account in my cousins name and then depositing money in the account be a better option? Therefore we would need to disclose that my father is his uncle.
2) Because they never explicitly ask about family in Canada, is trying to hide this still considered misrepresentation? It's not like they are asking and we are lying and saying "no". We are just choosing not to offer the information.

Any other advice people can give for evidence that my cousin will return to Turkey at the end of his time is appreciated. That is what he plans on doing, but we aren't sure how to convince them!

Thanks!!