+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uncertainty about Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees

AmitN84

Mar 16, 2018
Hi All

I'm in the process of applying for Express Entry and I'm not sure which level of education to choose. I completed an Accounting degree (3 Years) and also honors thereafter (1 year).

On my ECA assessment, it states that I have a 3 year under graduate programs as my first credential and a 1 year under graduate program for honors as my second credential. The comparable level of education in Canada is 3 year bachelors degree for credential 1 and a 4 year bachelors degree for credential 2.

Also, on the CIC website it states the following:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Based on that can I choose Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees for highest level of education?

I would appreciate any feedback.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
So, your 3 yr accounting degree got evaluated as 3 yrs bachelors degree.
And your 1 year undergraduate program for honors was evaluated as 4 yr bachelors degree. Is that right?

If I've understood correctly then yes, you can choose two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees.

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
So, your 3 yr accounting degree got evaluated as 3 yrs bachelors degree.
And your 1 year undergraduate program for honors was evaluated as 4 yr bachelors degree. Is that right?

If I've understood correctly then yes, you can choose two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees.
Hey guys,

I have completed Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com) in India and studied 2 one year post graduation in Canada. Can I apply under 2 or more Certificate.

Any information on this is appreciated.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hey guys,

I have completed Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com) in India and studied 2 one year post graduation in Canada. Can I apply under 2 or more Certificate.

What was your ECA?

ritzveer

Aug 31, 2018
Hello .
I have done Bachelor of engineering (4years) . If I pursue distance education in Bachelor of library (1Year ). Can I select" Two or more certificate diploma or degree" option . Is there any condition in bachelor's years .

My CRS score if I select

Bachelor =423

Two or more =455 (+32)

Master =462(+39)

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hello .
I have done Bachelor of engineering (4years) . If I pursue distance education in Bachelor of library (1Year ). Can I select" Two or more certificate diploma or degree" option . Is there any condition in bachelor's years .

My CRS score if I select

Bachelor =423

Two or more =455 (+32)

Master =462(+39)

You will have to do your research on the university that you're planning to get the degree from. Is it recognised by wes or iqas? It doesn't necessarily have to be a bachelor's or master's. 1 yr diploma will also do as long as it's done from a recognised institute.

ritzveer

Aug 31, 2018
You will have to do your research on the university that you're planning to get the degree from. Is it recognised by wes or iqas? It doesn't necessarily have to be a bachelor's or master's. 1 yr diploma will also do as long as it's done from a recognised institute.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes university is recognised by WES.
But it's clearly mention in the website :-

If you have TWO Bachelor’s degrees, or one Bachelor’s AND a two year college diploma, choose – “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”

They want 2 years of diploma after bachelor's . They won't consider one year diploma.or pg diploma( like pgdca)
That's why I m doing one year bachelor degree. But will they accept one year bachelor or not it's not written there.
Please help me

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I think you've misunderstood. As you've stated to claim points for two or more you need "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”

So you need to hold atleast one degree that is 3 yrs or more. It is not mentioned if second one has to be two yrs or one yr. Second one can be a 1 yr pg diploma or a 2 yrs master's or bachelors.

Just search the forum for 1 year pg diploma. You will find many threads where people have claimed points for two or more degrees/certificates with a 1 yr pg diploma. What matters is that it has to be done from a recognised institute. I would suggest you to research this further and go for a 1 yr pg diploma rather than a two yrs bachelor's.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September

CanDAspirant

Mar 13, 2018
Hey guys,

Hey,
Facing similar issue. What was your WES evaluation result?
Were you able to claim points for Two or more degrees?