+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNBC VS NAIT

nadrah

Apr 10, 2021
Hello,
I need advice, I applyed to unbc for MSc computer Science and still waiting, and I want to apply to NAIT ,with BSc comp Eng 69% and 10 years experience in SE.
I asked for diploma at NAIT because the jobs offers more than Master maybe.
please give me advice

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you already have a degree, then a masters is better. You need to show career progression and the opportunities in your home country. If you will get more job offers in your home country with a diploma when you already have a bachelors, you will need a well written SOP.

Reactions: nadrah

nadrah

Apr 10, 2021
If you already have a degree, then a masters is better. You need to show career progression and the opportunities in your home country. If you will get more job offers in your home country with a diploma when you already have a bachelors, you will need a well written SOP.
Thanks for reply, and yes you are true, but I want to change after got visa with master if I can when go to canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for reply, and yes you are true, but I want to change after got visa with master if I can when go to canada
You can’t change DLIs when you get to Canada. You need a new study permit. So if you have study permit for masters, then you start your masters. IRCC changed the rules to stop people changing programs/courses and degrees.

nadrah

Apr 10, 2021
You can’t change DLIs when you get to Canada. You need a new study permit. So if you have study permit for masters, then you start your masters. IRCC changed the rules to stop people changing programs/courses and degrees.
Aha,,can you share the new rules please, and thanks for reply

nadrah

Apr 10, 2021
C. Changing institutions or changing programs of study at the same institution

Students engaging in post-secondary studies in Canada are authorized to change institutions or programs of study within the same institution, provided they are not limited from doing so by conditions imposed on their study permit. However, to assess if a student who has changed institutions or programs of study a number of times should be considered to be actively pursuing their studies, the officer should consider the student’s reasons for the changes. In cases where multiple program or institutional changes do not appear to support the expectation that the student is making reasonable progress toward the completion of a Canadian credential, the officer may determine that the study permit holder has not fulfilled their study permit condition to actively pursue their course or program of study.

A student should begin or resume their studies at their new institution within 150 days from the day that they ceased or completed their studies at the previous institution. If a student does not resume their studies within 150 days, they should do either of the following:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-conditions.html#changing

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
C. Changing institutions or changing programs of study at the same institution

Students engaging in post-secondary studies in Canada are authorized to change institutions or programs of study within the same institution, provided they are not limited from doing so by conditions imposed on their study permit. However, to assess if a student who has changed institutions or programs of study a number of times should be considered to be actively pursuing their studies, the officer should consider the student’s reasons for the changes. In cases where multiple program or institutional changes do not appear to support the expectation that the student is making reasonable progress toward the completion of a Canadian credential, the officer may determine that the study permit holder has not fulfilled their study permit condition to actively pursue their course or program of study.

A student should begin or resume their studies at their new institution within 150 days from the day that they ceased or completed their studies at the previous institution. If a student does not resume their studies within 150 days, they should do either of the following:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-conditions.html#changing
Diploma has way less chance of a job