+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNBC MSC business administration vs Trent University Msc financial analysis , which is better !

Let's see

Jul 18, 2017
Please share your views on this.

I have got offers from both University's. Please comment which one is better in terms of visa approval and part time jobs .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your profile and not the school will be what determines your visa approval. I am sure you will have access to similar part-time survival jobs in both cities.

Let's see

Jul 18, 2017
It is understood that my profile plays an important role for getting a visa but still University standard and its rankings do impact your visa chances.Therefore, I need a help to decide which one I should to opt for another master's.

This is my profile.
BSC 60%
Diploma in management 69%
MBA logistic and supply chain sgpa 7/10
IELTS - expecting 6.5 or above
I have been Rejected once for Canada study visa in year 2014.

I am Wanting to study another master level program ! Please suggest which one to choose out of these two.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In my opinion UNB is a better university. It is larger than Trent. Trent is primarily known for undergraduate courses. I think that all universities are viewed as the same when it comes to visa approval. Given that you still don't have ILETS score, your previous marks are a bit low and you have already pursued other management training I do see some areas of concern in your application. Best of luck!

Let's see

Jul 18, 2017
I am appreciating you for your suggestions. I am thinking to go with Trent University as their master course content seems better than UNBC.
Based on Google reviews, I also think that peterborough Ontario is well developed than prince George unbc. Regarding my scores, I graduated from Panjab University Ind in the year 2010,Where topper of my class was under 70%. So I believe ,I graduated with descent marks. I haven't given my IELTS yet, but I am sure I will manage to get 7 and above easily.

Rest rab rakha !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry there was some confusion I thought you meant university of New Brunswick. I would go for Trent. Both university are considered 2nd tiered universities. Definitely wouldn't call Peterborough well developed.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Can someone tell me about UNBC masters in computer science program? Is it smoothly going?

And how about part time opportunities in off campus? Are there enough part time jobs for international students or less?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can someone tell me about UNBC masters in computer science program? Is it smoothly going?

And how about part time opportunities in off campus? Are there enough part time jobs for international students or less?
With covid and a recession many of the service jobs will not be available in the same numbers as before.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How about in general? I'm not joining immediately
We have no idea how long the recession will last. New Brunswick tends to have a higher unemployment rate versus other province but it is dependent on so many things. You also are limited to jobs in evenings and weekends mostly. Working will not bring in enough income to pay for tuition or all your living expenses. That is why you have to show that you have the funds in advance.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
We have no idea how long the recession will last. New Brunswick tends to have a higher unemployment rate versus other province but it is dependent on so many things. You also are limited to jobs in evenings and weekends mostly. Working will not bring in enough income to pay for tuition or all your living expenses. That is why you have to show that you have the funds in advance.
I think you misinterpreted. It's not New Brunswick. Its University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC)

I have money to pay tuition fees. Somehow students are allowed to work 20 hrs per week to cover their additional monthly expenses. That's why I asked.

Can anybody answer me relevant?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think you misinterpreted. It's not New Brunswick. Its University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC)

I have money to pay tuition fees. Somehow students are allowed to work 20 hrs per week to cover their additional monthly expenses. That's why I asked.

Can anybody answer me relevant?
Sorry you are right I saw the wrong acronym. Probably a bit better job prospects than New Brunswick but stil a relatively small place and very dependent on the economy. Cost of living will be higher than in some other cities.