Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Hey,

Hey, did u received your pgwp? Did u write an LOE?
Yes, i did receive it. I sent a 1 page LOE via webform describing the whole timeline and that i fully understand that I violated the rule and acknowledge it.

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
Yes, i did receive it. I sent a 1 page LOE via webform describing the whole timeline and that i fully understand that I violated the rule and acknowledge it.
Thank you so much for responding. Did u write LOE yourself or did u find a consultant or lawyer to write it for u? Sorry for asking, I’ve been struggling to write mine. How did u explain your reason for violating the rule in your case? Can you kindly help? Thanks.

Reactions: mangoflow

tltran1912

Jul 24, 2021
Thank you so much for responding. Did u write LOE yourself or did u find a consultant or lawyer to write it for u? Sorry for asking, I’ve been struggling to write mine. How did u explain your reason for violating the rule in your case? Can you kindly help? Thanks.
I was in the same situation and just got my PGWP approved yesterday.
I raised a webform detailing the timeline of my studies and the unauthorized work. Reason for the violation is false assumption of the rule and apologize for the mistake.
EXPLANATION LETTER Template and instructions.pdf (douglascollege.ca)
Sample 2
Hope this help.

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
I was in the same situation and just got my PGWP approved yesterday.
I raised a webform detailing the timeline of my studies and the unauthorized work. Reason for the violation is false assumption of the rule and apologize for the mistake.
EXPLANATION LETTER Template and instructions.pdf (douglascollege.ca)
Sample 2
Hope this help.
@tltran1912 Thank you for responding. Mind sharing your situation? How long was your unauthorized work? Was it Part time? Was it after you graduated or during academic sessions? thanks

Reactions: mangoflow

mangoflow

Nov 18, 2021
Please help! This thread has been super useful, but I still feel so lost and hopeless.

Worked unauthorized after graduation for 2 months, part time. I also did some freelance and held 2 jobs for 2 weeks after confirmation of graduation.

I sent a LOE, apologized and stopped working the day I realized my mistake. My LOE might have leaned too much into wanting to stay in canada... does that count as single intent? Is that a reason to deny PGWP? Does that happen?

A lawyer consultation advised me to apply for a visitor record before my student permit expires. (It expires nov 30)

Will it be denied since I also have a PGWP application ongoing?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Please help! This thread has been super useful, but I still feel so lost and hopeless.

Worked unauthorized after graduation for 2 months, part time. I also did some freelance and held 2 jobs for 2 weeks after confirmation of graduation.

I sent a LOE, apologized and stopped working the day I realized my mistake. My LOE might have leaned too much into wanting to stay in canada... does that count as single intent? Is that a reason to deny PGWP? Does that happen?

A lawyer consultation advised me to apply for a visitor record before my student permit expires. (It expires nov 30)

when did you graduate and when did you apply for your PGWP

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for replying! Confirmation of Graduation August 27. Applied for PGWP on November 15. Quit working November 11
Though you are eligible to work from Nov 15 under implied status, wondering why your consultant ask you to apply visitor record instead of waiting for pgwp decision. If you apply, what would that be? As you are not restoring any status lost

mangoflow

Nov 18, 2021
Though you are eligible to work from Nov 15 under implied status, wondering why your consultant ask you to apply visitor record instead of waiting for pgwp decision. If you apply, what would that be? As you are not restoring any status lost
I'm confused about that, too. She said since I did unauthorized work, I broke the rules of my student permit and I'm no longer on implied status. That's why I Want second opinions

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm confused about that, too. She said since I did unauthorized work, I broke the rules of my student permit and I'm no longer on implied status. That's why I Want second opinions
I cant speak for your consultant, but as long as you explained and applied your pwgp, why not wait for final determination? Did you question her as to why she suggested that? I dont seem to recall immigration guidelines in your situation

Emmanel

Jan 8, 2020

Hey man, based on what you’ve said I see no reason to panic. For one you have status in Canada as long as you’ve got your study permit. Surely your permit allows some level of work. Even if you think you’ve done illegal work I don’t think you necessarily should’ve stated it. And as you have, most times it’s not something they’re strict on, plus you have implied status. Either way I wouldn’t stress too much or send further correspondence until a final decision has been made.

Intnlstdnt10

Nov 19, 2021
Hi all. Please give me some advice. I received my completion letter and TOR last oct 15 and applied my pgwp 3weeks after but in between i worked as a part time. Are there any problems that i can get? Im so stressed out right now because i didnt know that rule. My student permit is still valid un dec 2022. Please give me some advice. I dont know what to do

guardian007

Star Member
Dec 2, 2021
Hi, I was student in one year course
started - 28 October 2020
end- 8 October 2021
letter of completion- 22 october
internship start - 19th july 2021 ( part of course)
internship end -18 November 2021
pgwp applied- 2 november

since my official program ended on 8th October, I continued working in internship thinking i can work. But now i realize that would be counted as unauthorized work. I fear my pgwp would be rejected.
What should I do??? I have not even provided letter of explanation. Can I submit through Webform??
I have full time job offer from 4 January 2021.

pls pls help