+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unauthorized work after graduation and before applying for PGWP

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
Did you disclose the fact that you worked all summer? I’m guessing you didn’t so you should be fine. If you did then you might write a follow up letter to clarify the situation.
Hi,
thanks for responding. I mentioned in the work history part of my application, but I ticked no on the question about unauthorized work, am I in trouble?

jase3708

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-03-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
File Transfer...
30-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-03-2021
Passport Req..
12-06-2021
Hi,
thanks for responding. I mentioned in the work history part of my application, but I ticked no on the question about unauthorized work, am I in trouble?
That’s why you need to follow up using web form

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
dont worry dear, ur pgwp will be approved, let me know when u get decision, dont forget, i was in same situation and i approved without any trouble, relax and chill

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
dont worry dear, ur pgwp will be approved, let me know when u get decision, dont forget, i was in same situation and i approved without any trouble, relax and chill
Did u have to write LOE via the webform as well? If not, what procedure did u follow? Did u disclose it on your application form?

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Did u have to write LOE via the webform as well? If not, what procedure did u follow? Did u disclose it on your application form?
no need to do anything. just wait and relax. IRCC not evil, they know everything and every scenarios about us, they will approve ur application

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi folks,

I applied to my PGWP in 2020 (September) and I still haven’t heard back. I disclosed the unauthorized work and my application got transferred to Etobicoke. I have no idea if I’ll get it. It’s been over a year.

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hi folks,

I applied to my PGWP in 2020 (September) and I still haven’t heard back. I disclosed the unauthorized work and my application got transferred to Etobicoke. I have no idea if I’ll get it. It’s been over a year.
It sucks. I’m really sorry for that. Have you tried raising webform or calling the help centre?

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
It sucks. I’m really sorry for that. Have you tried raising webform or calling the help centre?
I lost count of how many times I called. I could’ve been on my PR application by now (given the one year of full time work experience).
I just don’t know what to do. Every single time I call, they don’t tell me anything that I don’t already know.

It’s so frustrating….

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
Hi, can u please share your situation. I’m really curious of what happened in your case. Thank you

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
Hi. thank you for the reply. Did you end up hearing from them?

Also, I'm just having difficulty writing this. How long should it be?

I pretty much worked for three months after graduation and before I applied for PGWP. That's a LONG time. I'm still within 180 days, but I don't know if they will overlook that.
Hi, I’m just curious if u ended up receiving your pgwp with 3 months of unauthorized work? If so, did u submit LOE? Thanks

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
Hey,
Hello everyone,
I know many people go through the same terrifying wait, but I know I messed up and I would like to hear some good advice.

So my story is:

I studied in Canada at Fanshawe college 2014-2016, then in York University 2016-2019 (Diploma and Degree). I started a full-time job in June 2019 and graduated the same month, but could pick up my degree only in September (degree letter form June, Official Transcript from September). That is when I applied for PGWP on 12th. When I started a full-time job I researched and found out that I could work full-time as long as I apply for PGWP within 180 days of completion of studies.

Only now I realized that a lot of details were missing on cic website as to eligibility of working in between graduation and applying (which you can find on many other pages and put them together to get the picture of my screw up). I mentioned my job in my occupation in the application as well, and I am very scared it will be rejected because of unauthorized work.

Do you think submitting a Letter of explanation through web form with my sincere apology will win their heart and let them forgive me? Can my 5 years studies somehow cover the fact that I worked for 3 months? Do they always check if you worked during that period?
Hey, did u received your pgwp? Did u write an LOE?