+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unaccompanying spouse

gagan1809

Sep 24, 2014
Hi Folks,
I have received ITA last month. My points were calculated with Flag (unaccompanying spouse) Points 435

The reason is that my spouse had not done IELTS and we did not want to miss chance. Anyways, now almost all my papers are ready. I had contacted one consultant. He told me that there is no point in submitting application as it is not justifying why spouse will not accompany you along, hence rejection is on cards.

I am in fix now. Meanwhile my birthday has passed and i am losing 6 points (now points 429). If I withdraw application now, my points tally will further go down, and I am sure my wife wont be able to score very good in IELTS, consequently little chances of invite in future.

Kindly advice should I take chance and apply or withdraw application?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proceed as long as you are aware that sponsorship can take up to 12 months. State the reason as to why she is unaccompanying and that is that.

Your consultant is useless.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
I applied without accompanying my spouse though she is living with me in Canada. I had the same issue. POINTS!!!

In my application I wrote: "My spouse does NOT want to apply for PR at this moment.".
CIC did not ask any further question and I got PPR on 20th Oct.

So ignore your consultant and apply by yourself. inbox me if you have any further query.

NB: You still need to submit your spouse's Medical and PCC even though she is not accompanying you.

Good luck.

Reactions: rahul7385

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Speaking 6.5, Writing 7.0, Reading 7.0, Listening 7.5
Proceed as long as you are aware that sponsorship can take up to 12 months. State the reason as to why she is unaccompanying and that is that.

Your consultant is useless.
Hi DelPiero07,
My Aor is 20th June 2017 and still I am in IP2 I guess....I had submitted an application unaccompanying spouse...Now my wife is in Canada after Aor on dependent work permit. Is it compulsory/necessary to let CIC know about travel history after AOR. Please let me know your views as I am not getting any movement in my file after 4 and half month. Thank you

shalinder

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I applied without accompanying my spouse though she is living with me in Canada. I had the same issue. POINTS!!!

In my application I wrote: "My spouse does NOT want to apply for PR at this moment.".

So ignore your consultant and apply by yourself. inbox me if you have any further query.

NB: You still need to submit your spouse's Medical and PCC even though she is not accompanying you.

Good luck.
I am in the same situation. Can you share your email?

amit202

Aug 27, 2017

Good luck.
Hello all_iz_well,

Can you plz spare some time and provide your advice on my below case. thanks a lot in advance.

I got my PR (with appl as 'Non Accompanying Spouse') and did my soft landing in mid last year. I planned to travel back in June'20 but had to cancel my plan due to Covid. Now i am planning to travel back sometime early next year (2021) and then will sponsor my spouse and son.

Can there be a problem,
1. If i sponsor them within a month of my landing (I gave the dependent parents medical reason, career aspirations as the reason for Non Accompanying spouse).
2. Also i might not have a job by that time but will show proof of funds for that. Any ballpoint figure for it which i should show.

thanks