+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unaccompanying dependant

Karenbrown

Jan 6, 2020
Hi All,

I have applied for Canadian PR as a primary applicant from USA.I have submitted all the documents and cleared till the medical exam ( for myself,spouse and son). Current status bar is 25% completed .I have below queries, Kindly provide your insights.

1. I might relocate to my native from USA before i could receive PPR. Can i just change my address in the portal ? or should i mail cic for the change in address?
2. Once i receive ppr can i send my passport and my son alone as my spouse is not willing to travel now ? do i need any acknowledgement to be sent to cic?
3.Can i land alone without my dependents after i receive copr?

Thanks In Advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I have applied for Canadian PR as a primary applicant from USA.I have submitted all the documents and cleared till the medical exam ( for myself,spouse and son). Current status bar is 25% completed .I have below queries, Kindly provide your insights.

1. I might relocate to my native from USA before i could receive PPR. Can i just change my address in the portal ? or should i mail cic for the change in address?
2. Once i receive ppr can i send my passport and my son alone as my spouse is not willing to travel now ? do i need any acknowledgement to be sent to cic?

Thanks In Advance
1. Send a Webform.

2. As long as you still meet the ITA points cut-off with her included as non-accompanying, yes. Update IRCC now that your spouse is non-accompanying.

3. Yes.

Karenbrown

Jan 6, 2020
1. Send a Webform.

2. As long as you still meet the ITA points cut-off with her included as non-accompanying, yes. Update IRCC now that your spouse is non-accompanying.

3. Yes.
Thank you for the response.
1.Invite was received after the cut off , will it be recalculated once i change to non -accompanying dependent ?
2.Once i change to non - accompanying , should i be sending my spouse passport for stamping?
3.Do i have to bring in a spouse consent letter for my son when i land with my COPR ?

Kindly share your thoughts.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1.Invite was received after the cut off , will it be recalculated once i change to non -accompanying dependent ?
2.Once i change to non - accompanying , should i be sending my spouse passport for stamping?
3.Do i have to bring in a spouse consent letter for my son when i land with my COPR ?

Kindly share your thoughts.
1. Yes, CRS is recalculated for some changes made after submitting your app, including changing your spouse to non-accompanying. If you got points from education etc., you need to make sure you still meet the ITA cut-off without those points.

2. Passport is sent to get visa to land as a PR. Non-accompanying = no PR.

3. Yes, you should always have a consent letter when traveling alone with your child.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi All,

Thanks In Advance
Why not send in all passports for stamp even if spouse will not be going immediately and then go alone with son now.

Will you be unable to access your spouse passports?

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
My spouse would be needing the passport for official trips
Oh! But spouses could submit passport wherever they are. It is not necessary to submit in country of residence.
I think you understand your situation better than I. Wishing you the best in whatever decision you take

Karenbrown

Jan 6, 2020
Oh! But spouses could submit passport wherever they are. It is not necessary to submit in country of residence.
I think you understand your situation better than I. Wishing you the best in whatever decision you take
Yes, I am aware that passport can be submitted from different locations.
I want to know if i can just submit mine and my sons passport for now . Will they provide copr or would they wait until i send in my spouse passport which might be beyond the timeframe.
Appreciate your response.

Karenbrown

Jan 6, 2020
1. Yes, CRS is recalculated for some changes made after submitting your app, including changing your spouse to non-accompanying. If you got points from education etc., you need to make sure you still meet the ITA cut-off without those points.

3. Yes, you should always have a consent letter when traveling alone with your child.
If i change my spouse status now to non accompanying my CRS might get reduced. Can i add points to the application now to balance that.
For ex, i have my sister as canadian pr which i did not add during the process. can i add that now?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If i change my spouse status now to non accompanying my CRS might get reduced. Can i add points to the application now to balance that.
For ex, i have my sister as canadian pr which i did not add during the process. can i add that now?
No, you can't add points for your sister now.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020

Hello canuck_in_uk I have a question about the CRS recalculation after adding spouse, if she adds me now our score would drop to 473 ( the minimal cutoff score of draw 134, her score is 479), so does the tie breaking rule apply after adding spouse post ITA ?

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
No, she submitted on December 30th, would the tie breaking rule apply when the score is recalculated ? I can t find an answer anywhere
Yes it will. Since her recalculated score isn't above minimum crs for the draw, tie breaking rule would apply.