+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to validate Family Information Form (IMM 5707) for SOWP because of no surname.

Jan 19, 2020
My spouse only has a given name and no last name in their passport. We have been trying to fill the Family Information Form (IMM 5707), which fields for both given name and family name. Leaving any field blank leads to form not getting validated. I am attaching the screenshot of the error here.

This guideline from CIC says that you can't use N/A in place of the family name: If you don’t have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”
But leaving the field blank means the form isn't getting validated.

Secondly, the form asks for names of parents as per their passports/travel documents. Is it acceptable to use their names as per other identity proofs if they don't have passports?

Last edited:

Bhisma

Mar 21, 2023
I filled every information accurately in 5707 family info form but when I validate it doesn't generate bar code, donwe need to validate it or just have to print andnsign?