+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to submit PCC under the timelines. What to do? Decline or attach the LOE.

Isha 14

Dec 4, 2020
Hey everyone..
As per the latest post from IRCC updated on 19 Jan, 2021
If you’re missing documents due to COVID-19 (such as police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams)

we won’t close or refuse any applications in progress
we’ll automatically give you an extra 90 days to send us the documents from the deadline in the request letter

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
“If a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required), the applicant should include an explanation with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days.”

you have to specifically state in your LOE that your impacted by covid, hence can’t submit it within 90 days.

Read the application intake section here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Last edited:

moinakghoshal

Apr 26, 2020
Hi,

I am in the same boat. When I got my ITA, my passport was under renewal process. After getting the new passport I applied for the PCC last month but looks like they have added a layer of police check (even if you have a clearance from the time of Passport renewal, this was not there before) and now it seems it will come right around the ITA deadline.

One more important information:

Due to COVID, personally going to the Consulate and picking up PCC (in much less time) is not possible. However, by mail it should not take more than 30 days as well. Still, does this count as disruption due to COVID?

So my question is,

Should I give a Letter of Explanation sharing the above reasons or decline my application?

Will be really grateful if someone shares his/her experience.

Thanks in advance!
M

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi,

I am in the same boat. When I got my ITA, my passport was under renewal process. After getting the new passport I applied for the PCC last month but looks like they have added a layer of police check (even if you have a clearance from the time of Passport renewal, this was not there before) and now it seems it will come right around the ITA deadline.

One more important information:

Due to COVID, personally going to the Consulate and picking up PCC (in much less time) is not possible. However, by mail it should not take more than 30 days as well. Still, does this count as disruption due to COVID?

So my question is,

Should I give a Letter of Explanation sharing the above reasons or decline my application?

Will be really grateful if someone shares his/her experience.

Thanks in advance!
M
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

You can go ahead with the application, just clearly state in LOE that you’re impacted due to covid 19 service disruptions.