+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to provide documents of proof of relation with aunt in Canada- Express Entry

Paula93

Jan 31, 2020
Dear Experts,

I have a situation involving my aunt (father's sister) who is a citizen in Canada. While creating my Express entry profile, I have put yes in the section asking if I have any relatives in Canada.
I received my ITA but now I am not being able to reach my aunt and get the documents from her. However, I am not claiming points for this as in Express Entry, having a relative other than siblings does not add any point to the score.

Can anyone suggest if I should write a letter of explanation explaining this?

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Yes you can't get points for an aunt. You can upload a letter of explanation to say that you aren't claiming the points, hopefully this will be Ok

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Thank you very much.
So there is no fear of rejection right?
I am actually quite worried about this issue. @MelanieL
Unfortunately there is always the possibility of rejection as you are supplying different evidence to what you initially claimed. Of course I cannot tell you either way, only immigration officers will decide. If you are really worried about it and not in a rush and have good CRS score you can always decline your offer and resubmit with correct information

Paula93

Jan 31, 2020
Unfortunately there is always the possibility of rejection as you are supplying different evidence to what you initially claimed. Of course I cannot tell you either way, only immigration officers will decide. If you are really worried about it and not in a rush and have good CRS score you can always decline your offer and resubmit with correct information
Thank you

Paula93

Jan 31, 2020
You are getting points from it, so as already said, not an issue.
Not getting any points from this you mean?
Yes, that is why I could think of an alternative and not submit as I am really not being able to reach her. I am afraid I might miss the deadline of submission if I wait for her documents.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not getting any points from this you mean?
Yes, that is why I could think of an alternative and not submit as I am really not being able to reach her. I am afraid I might miss the deadline of submission if I wait for her documents.
I edited my post. Aren't getting points, so doesn't matter.