+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to notify address to receive the PR card

SJG85

Aug 28, 2017
Hi

I landed in Canada on 21st April 2018. After that I have been trying to notify my address online as well as by calling them at 1 888 242 2100. Unfortunately none of them worked and still not able to notify my address to receive my PR card.

Through online portal while putting my application details the "Place of Birth" is coming as a dropdown list of countries but in my application and in my passport the place of birth is my City name and thus I had to choose India as my place of birth. Now whiling forwarding with those details, it is unable to find my application.

Also tried by calling at 1 888 242 2100 but while selecting the option to talk to an agent it is disconnecting the line saying unable to transfer the call. It has been happening for last three weeks.

The only option left is to fax them but please let me know if anyone has faced identical issues and is there any solution to this.

Thanks

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi

I landed in Canada on 21st April 2018. After that I have been trying to notify my address online as well as by calling them at 1 888 242 2100. Unfortunately none of them worked and still not able to notify my address to receive my PR card.

Through online portal while putting my application details the "Place of Birth" is coming as a dropdown list of countries but in my application and in my passport the place of birth is my City name and thus I had to choose India as my place of birth. Now whiling forwarding with those details, it is unable to find my application.

Also tried by calling at 1 888 242 2100 but while selecting the option to talk to an agent it is disconnecting the line saying unable to transfer the call. It has been happening for last three weeks.

The only option left is to fax them but please let me know if anyone has faced identical issues and is there any solution to this.

Thanks
I landed today and was advised to fax them the address when i have one.

rpk_sngh

Jul 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
I got mine changed today.

What you need to do is, call this number, listen and search for the PR Card option, opt for routing to an agent, wait for like 25-30 mins, once they pick up,you can get it changed.

Thats how I did it.

SJG85

Aug 28, 2017
Hi rpk_sngh,

Firstly thanks for replying.
I did try reaching them over phone. But while choosing the option to speak with an agent, the only automated answer I am getting is "All agents are busy" and the call is getting disconnected.

after trying for few consecutive days I finally faxed them the address.
But do you know how I could see or check if they have received and updated the address.

rpk_sngh

Jul 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Hi rpk_sngh,

Firstly thanks for replying.
I did try reaching them over phone. But while choosing the option to speak with an agent, the only automated answer I am getting is "All agents are busy" and the call is getting disconnected.

after trying for few consecutive days I finally faxed them the address.
But do you know how I could see or check if they have received and updated the address.
I really do not know about that fax thing. I was able to get to an agent to get my address changed. And frankly speaking, i really don't remember which option i chose. But yes I changed it over the call that is for sure.

SJG85

Aug 28, 2017
Yes that would be the easiest thing to do had they picked up the call. But for last one and half month I am not able to get to an agent. As soon as I am opting for that option to talk to an agent it is saying all agents are busy and disconnecting the phone.

Such a troublesome affair.