+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to land at "Rainbow bridge" PLEASE HELP!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

iamroth said:
Even if your timing was bad, Why did the officer said no? It seems like CIC is employing a lot of horses these days.
They don't work for CIC, they work for CBSA

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
I landed in Rainbow bridge on Saturday morning, around 10 o'clock. When I walked in to the Canadian building there was no one but me doing landing. After that a couple with their kid walked in and they did their landing as well. And it was no problem at all. Hopefully you have done your landing successfully today :)

vijayarr

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2013 (Myself), Added spouse to the existing application 20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
28-01-2014 (Spouse relationship questionnaire)
AOR Received.
06-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
6-01-2014 (Myself), 24-01-2014 (Upfront medicals for Spouse)
FINALLY I LANDED TODAY!! The key is to go there early before 10 AM. So, there aren't a lot of people. Me and my wife were the only ones and the officer was super NICE. In short, everything went well. Just a note for those people who might encounter a similar situation. If this ever happened then you can definitely try landing again. I was a bit unsettled last night that I have to go to USA and get the administrative refusal again . I was wondering what the consequences might be if they found out that I'm flagpoling second time. I never mentioned anything to the USA border officers about what happened the previous afternoon. I played it cool and said I was there for flagpoling and thank god they never asked me any questions. It seems like they don't care (neither do CBSA). I went back to the canadian side immigration and the rude officer that I dealt with yesterday wasn't there (Thank god again!).

Few tips for people who are planning to land some time soon:

1. Try landing early in the morning (possibly weekdays)
2. Make sure you have all the required the docs such as CPR, Photo ID and passport
3. When officer asks you "Did you go to the USA?". Just be explicit and tell them that you were there for flagpoling and did not enter the USA.( Maybe show them the white sheet with administrative refusal) If you have flagpoled then your technically re-seeking entry into Canada. So make sure you answer this question properly when you get there.

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Congrats Vijay!

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vijayarr said:
FINALLY I LANDED TODAY!! The key is to go there early before 10 AM. So, there aren't a lot of people. Me and my wife were the only ones and the officer was super NICE. In short, everything went well. Just a note for those people who might encounter a similar situation. If this ever happened then you can definitely try landing again. I was a bit unsettled last night that I have to go to USA and get the administrative refusal again . I was wondering what the consequences might be if they found out that I'm flagpoling second time. I never mentioned anything to the USA border officers about what happened the previous afternoon. I played it cool and said I was there for flagpoling and thank god they never asked me any questions. It seems like they don't care (neither do CBSA). I went back to the canadian side immigration and the rude officer that I dealt with yesterday wasn't there (Thank god again!).

2. Make sure you have all the required the docs such as CPR, Photo ID and passport
3. When officer asks you "Did you go to the USA?". Just be explicit and tell them that you were there for flagpoling and did not enter the USA.( Maybe show them the white sheet with administrative refusal) If you have flagpoled then your technically re-seeking entry into Canada. So make sure you answer this question properly when you get there.
Awesome, glad to hear that!

mosfet

Mar 9, 2014
vijayarr said:

We also landed yesterday on 8th March. We did it in the early hours. We were there on the bridge by 9:10 AM, we were back at CBSA by 9:20 after flagpolling. It was quick at USA, at pedestrian entry, just took 5 min to get flagpole. No one was there at CBSA, its free, and we finished the paper work by 9:45 AM.

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014(spouse); 28-02-2014(PA)
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014(PA); 21-07-2014(spouse)
LANDED..........
23-08-2014(PA); 28-08-2014(spouse)
i need some help if anyone can.... i am kind of in similar situation...i went to land today to rainbow bridge....everything was fine...went to usa..turned back..went to CBSA office...waited for about 50 min for an officer to see me....the officer was nice...asked me that if i am here to obtain my PR....and then asked nicely to wait while he gets the documents ready..then called me after 15 min and said it wont be possible for me to complete landing atm as CIC has not transferred my file over to them!!...he was really nice and said very sorry about it and cant do anything atm as its weekend. then he said he will email CIC regarding the situation in details and advised me to call the call centre and take appointment to an immigration office where the process will be completed..and apologized again......i was soo not happy....drove over 6 hours back nd forth in traffic..and learn this BS.....now reading here in this forum that it can be done there if i try again...i am a bit confused what should i do..go with appointment to a immigration office nearby as the officer at the border suggested...or try at the border again....if anyone have any experience in similar situation or know anything.. please give some suggestion and help.. thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

movie said:
i need some help if anyone can.... i am kind of in similar situation...i went to land today to rainbow bridge....everything was fine...went to usa..turned back..went to CBSA office...waited for about 50 min for an officer to see me....the officer was nice...asked me that if i am here to obtain my PR....and then asked nicely to wait while he gets the documents ready..then called me after 15 min and said it wont be possible for me to complete landing atm as CIC has not transferred my file over to them!!...he was really nice and said very sorry about it and cant do anything atm as its weekend. then he said he will email CIC regarding the situation in details and advised me to call the call centre and take appointment to an immigration office where the process will be completed..and apologized again......i was soo not happy....drove over 6 hours back nd forth in traffic..and learn this BS.....now reading here in this forum that it can be done there if i try again...i am a bit confused what should i do..go with appointment to a immigration office nearby as the officer at the border suggested...or try at the border again....if anyone have any experience in similar situation or know anything.. please give some suggestion and help.. thanks in advance
1. Not much you can do, but phone the call centre. The officer followed the instructions from CIC : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob587.asp

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Is there anyway to confirm with CIC that whether FOSS is updated or not..before landing ....

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
PMM said:
Hi

1. Not much you can do, but phone the call centre. The officer followed the instructions from CIC : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob587.asp
yup..saw it already...thats exactly what i am going to do..tomorrow..hope it all gets done without any issue

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
letstry21 said:
Is there anyway to confirm with CIC that whether FOSS is updated or not..before landing ....
i was thinking the same..would be really convenient

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hi Guys , I will be landing soon and have some questions in my mind ..
I am from Alberta , can I still land at Niagara Fall Border .
Can I go along with one of my family friend who is a canadian citizen (If he can drive across)
What all documents do i need to carry
Do i need to prove them why i choose Niagara Fall border and why not something near Alberta
and lastly,
Does it clearly says where to go , I mean how can you know what should be your way to return back to Canada ???