+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to find matching NOC Job Code

DebuH

Jan 2, 2016
I am an Analytics/Data Science professional from India. Having 6-7 years of experience in the field, and my total job experience is 12 years. I have a master's degree in Physics. I am preparing my EE profile, but I am unable to find the correct NOC Job Code. I am senior architect by designation, and I am responsible for data science (data mining/statistical modeling) related work for a product we are currently developing. I have been a techno-functional manager for last 5 years. I would need help in identifying the correct job code.

Secondly, I took an assessment quiz, which doesn't ask for educational qualification, which suggests I am NOT eligible. I would need a frank opinion, given that I am 38 and earning a decent salary in India (30 L PA+ Bonus). I wanted to relocate as I want to settle down in Canada, where my wife may join me for a postdoctoral work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
DebuH said:
I am an Analytics/Data Science professional from India. Having 6-7 years of experience in the field, and my total job experience is 12 years. I have a master's degree in Physics. I am preparing my EE profile, but I am unable to find the correct NOC Job Code. I am senior architect by designation, and I am responsible for data science (data mining/statistical modeling) related work for a product we are currently developing. I have been a techno-functional manager for last 5 years. I would need help in identifying the correct job code.

Secondly, I took an assessment quiz, which doesn't ask for educational qualification, which suggests I am NOT eligible. I would need a frank opinion, given that I am 38 and earning a decent salary in India (30 L PA+ Bonus). I wanted to relocate as I want to settle down in Canada, where my wife may join me for a postdoctoral work.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Send an email to NOC@WorkingInCanada.Gc.Ca

with all your Job Duties and Responsibilities

They will tell you about your exact NOC Code.

DebuH

Jan 2, 2016
Hi Nickarter,
Thanks for the reply. I have written to them with the job responsibilities I have.
I have another doubt:

I am also unable to understand what exactly foreign job experience mean; does it mean if I am an Indian, I should have worked atleast 1 year outside my host nation (i.e., India), or does it mean any job experience outside Canada (the country I am applying for a PR Visa).

Much appreciated for a speedy reply.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
DebuH said:
Hi Nickarter,
Thanks for the reply. I have written to them with the job responsibilities I have.
I have another doubt:

I am also unable to understand what exactly foreign job experience mean; does it mean if I am an Indian, I should have worked atleast 1 year outside my host nation (i.e., India), or does it mean any job experience outside Canada (the country I am applying for a PR Visa).

Foreign job experience is anywhere except Canada.

In other words whatever experience you gained outside of Canada is foreign experience.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Andy.cic said:
Foreign job experience is anywhere except Canada.

In other words whatever experience you gained outside of Canada is foreign experience.
I agree

stormeye

Dec 28, 2015
Hi Andy.cic,

I am in the same situation. Did you get an NOC code after contacting them via email?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
DebuH said:
Did you check 2172? And if yes, why doesn't if fit, in your opinion?
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2172&val65=data

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
DebuH said:
Not clear which quiz you took, but use this one:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
I also work in the field of data analytics, I thought the closest category to my job description was NOC code 2161. I sent an email with my job descriptions/duties to NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca, and they replied:

Good day,

Based on the information that you have provided, the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) code may be appropriate for the occupation that you described.

NOC code 2161 - Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries:
www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2161

In addition, please note that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate National Occupational Classification (NOC) code is each individual's responsibility as they know their education, skills and abilities better than anyone else. However, the ultimate decision remains the responsibility of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as they are the only ones who have the authority to determine if the information provided meets their criteria.

Our role is only to provide guidance.
I am planning to attach this letter to my application once I received my ITA. Hope this helps.

Sep 17, 2016
clayera said:
I also work in the field of data analytics, I thought the closest category to my job description was NOC code 2161. I sent an email with my job descriptions/duties to NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca, and they replied:

I am planning to attach this letter to my application once I received my ITA. Hope this helps.
Hi, if you don't mind can you send me a sample of your resume or your linkedin profile. I am somewhat confused because my current job stands as a BI professional/Data Analyst.

Sep 17, 2016
DebuH said:
Hi Nickarter,
I have another doubt:

Hello, I am into the same role. What NOC did they recommend?

Gangamma

Dec 25, 2016
Hi,
I am in the same condition right now, 2161 i had been working as a data scientist since 5 years now.
What is your status right now ? There are very few openings for this NOC

Please let me know your status on this... need help

Cheers
Ganga

starkboy

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Guys, I have been working as a Senior Business Analyst with most of the job responsibilities as a statistician, developing data models for Businesses etc. I wanted to know if the NOC 2161 worked and if your application was accepted using the same? Also:

1. Since my HR is not issuing a job description letter, can I get that from one of my colleague? Please let me know!

2. My designation "Senior Business Analyst" does not exactly match with the NOC code although the responsibilities do, would that be a problem?

blahandblah

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hi Guys, I have been working as a Senior Business Analyst with most of the job responsibilities as a statistician, developing data models for Businesses etc. I wanted to know if the NOC 2161 worked and if your application was accepted using the same? Also:

1. Since my HR is not issuing a job description letter, can I get that from one of my colleague? Please let me know!

2. My designation "Senior Business Analyst" does not exactly match with the NOC code although the responsibilities do, would that be a problem?
Even i am working as a SBA with a company