+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unable to attend 2nd/final interview call.what next?

calltobala

Sep 18, 2008
Hello folks

It would be grateful if some experst could answer few questions for me.
I applied for Canada PR under federal skilled worker class.
I got interview call from CHC,Berlin. I live in UK for the past 2 years. I got 70 points in total.
I already postponed my 1st interview call because i failed to get Germany visa in time to attend Interview in Berlin CHC (I also requested file transfer to London CHC-But they didnot transfer my file).

Now I got the 2nd/final interview call from Berlin CHC next month. But exactly on that day i cannot go to Germany because of work.

So i would like to know the possibilities of saving the application without being refused.

Is it possible to get another date based on medical fitness reason?

or Is there any method to get another date or transfer of file or getting the interview waiver by submitting additional documents?
I got CAIPS notes also.

If i donot attend interview and my file get refused, what would be the processing time if i reapply from London ?
Is it going to be normal or faster process?

Cheers
sri

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

calltobala said:
Hello folks

It would be grateful if some experst could answer few questions for me.
I applied for Canada PR under federal skilled worker class.
I got interview call from CHC,Berlin. I live in UK for the past 2 years. I got 70 points in total.
I already postponed my 1st interview call because i failed to get Germany visa in time to attend Interview in Berlin CHC (I also requested file transfer to London CHC-But they didnot transfer my file).

Now I got the 2nd/final interview call from Berlin CHC next month. But exactly on that day i cannot go to Germany because of work.

So i would like to know the possibilities of saving the application without being refused.

Is it possible to get another date based on medical fitness reason?

or Is there any method to get another date or transfer of file or getting the interview waiver by submitting additional documents?
I got CAIPS notes also.

If i donot attend interview and my file get refused, what would be the processing time if i reapply from London ?
Is it going to be normal or faster process?

Cheers
sri
You were lucky you got 2 chances to attend, if you don't attend the 2nd interview, they will make the decision based on the information on file, which in most cases result in refusal. They are not going to give you a 3rd chance, or transfer the file. Word to the wise never apply to an office outside your normal residence, if you require a visitor visa to attend any interview.

PMM

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
refusing to attend interview might show that you are not seriously interested in canada immigration.
besides government does not like increase in work..

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
calltobala said:
I am sadly surprised that you can't attend the 2nd interview just because you're busy WORKING. Well, that might indicate that you got the visiting Visa to Germany in hand, but now there's another priority.

If you don't really want to go to Canada and stay in the UK and WORK, just ignore this call.

Where's common sense?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Aghijan is right, just ignore the 2nd call and pay attention to the priority you have related to work in UK.