+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ukrainian priority processing

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Hi guys, did anyone submit a visitor visa application for their parents (or any relatives for that matter) that are currently in Ukraine? IRCC is asking for a purpose of travel (and they want to make sure visitors only stay temporarily, so they are asking for things like return tickets etc). What are you including as the purpose of travel?

PS. I'm PR, currently in Canada, inviting my mom over.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any proof of ties will be less than the pull to avoid death by Russian bombs. If any applicant says the truth today it will be Purpose of Travel is to avoid being killed. But, as always, IRCC doesn't make any sense, instead of opening a refugee stream for Ukrainians, it tells to apply as usual by TRV, work visa, spousal sponsorship, etc.

I would not worry about any return ticket at this point, airspace over Ukraine is closed and nobody in their right minds is going to cross the border back on foot, unless you're joining the Ukrainian resistance. Just provide the proof of funds to cover the proposed length of stay and invitation letter. All the other proof such as property, employment, you provide as well, but at this point its kind of a joke because Russian bombs are destroying everything indiscriminantly and nobody is going to work but stay in bomb shelters.
Return tickets are often required by the airline. Would book a return ticket but that allows you to change return date.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Return tickets are often required by the airline. Would book a return ticket but that allows you to change return date.
His question was proof of return ticket for the application, not at the airport.
Sure one can book a flight back to Poland and walk across the Ukrainian border 30km...people will sure be looking at you like hey you're going the wrong way babushka!
You do realize there are almost half a million people trying to cross the border right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
His question was proof of return ticket for the application, not at the airport.
Sure one can book a flight back to Poland and walk across the Ukrainian border 30km...people will sure be looking at you like hey you're going the wrong way babushka!
You do realize there are almost half a million people trying to cross the border right?
Recommending you not apply for a return ticket could lead to problems getting to Canada. Booking a return ticket 6 months from now with a return date that you can change is a valid suggestion. I wasn’t implying they return in a week.

Reactions: Phalos

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Recommending you not apply for a return ticket could lead to problems getting to Canada. Booking a return ticket 6 months from now with a return date that you can change is a valid suggestion. I wasn’t implying they return in a week.
Yeah booking a return ticket is the optimal choice, just make sure its refundable in case of refusal lol Sometimes you think its refundable but its only Flexible - not the same thing.