+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK visa for PR in Canada

Mat14

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Hello Guys,

I would like to apply for UK visa and I'm wondering if it is OK to apply for long visa like 2 years or more ,,

I do transit quit often in London and that is why I need one long one

As a PR, would it be normal to get long one from Canada,,

Any info is appreciated,,

Thanks

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't really get what you mean? Do you want a work visa for the UK? A holiday visa?
Even as a Canadian PR, you need to apply to UK immigration for any visas you need.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mat14 said:
Hello Guys,

I would like to apply for UK visa and I'm wondering if it is OK to apply for long visa like 2 years or more ,,

Thanks
Your question is not clear but since you asked for any info, this is what I know.

When you mean transit, do you enter London or just connect flights?
If you want to enter London then you need a visa but if you just connect flights then you do not need a visa in the EU if you have a Canada visa or PR card to connect flights unlike the US .
Also for UK visit visas you would have to apply for an initial 6 months and a 2 years renewal afterwards and being a Canada PR does not guarantee a successful application , you have to satisfy the VO.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mat14 said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks
Apply for a 'Standard visitor' visa as it allows both transit and entry into the UK for tourism purposes. Usually you start off getting a 6 month visa then build up to a 1,2,5 or 10 year visa. But depending on your socio-economic ties you may get a 2 year visa initially which at the current exchange rate costs just over 600 bucks. Add in biometric fees and the hassle of finding and getting to a biometric collection centre if you are not in a major urban area in Canada and the cots will increase.

Good luck

DesiMan19

Oct 31, 2015
Msafiri said:
Apply for a 'Standard visitor' visa as it allows both transit and entry into the UK for tourism purposes. Usually you start off getting a 6 month visa then build up to a 1,2,5 or 10 year visa. But depending on your socio-economic ties you may get a 2 year visa initially which at the current exchange rate costs just over 600 bucks. Add in biometric fees and the hassle of finding and getting to a biometric collection centre if you are not in a major urban area in Canada and the cots will increase.

Good luck
+1. You need to apply for visitor visa and there are chances of getting 2 year visa if you are well established in Canada and you fly to London often. If not - you would have to go through the standard way with 6mo-1yr-2yr visas

pinoysg2010

Aug 28, 2014
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 October 2014
Nomination.....
PER: 15 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
18 Feb 2015
Med's Request
10 July 2015
Med's Done....
21 July 2015
Passport Req..
7 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
23 September 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2016
if we are applying as couple (husband and wife)for uk visitor visa, do we need to apply individually for uk visa? or just one application for the 2 of us. Thanks!