+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK to Canada with minor criminal record and possible misrepresentation

jr88

Mar 14, 2019
I am planning to submit a PR application to be sponsored by my Canadian wife. I obtained my UK Police cert and it came back "no live trace", I obtained a full disclosure through ACRO and I have two incidents on my record, neither of which resulted in a conviction (one warning, one fine). Both from over 10 years ago.

The issue I have is when I first applied for my ETA 2 years ago, I answered "Yes" to the question about previous arrests, etc, but only listed on of the incidents. They asked for my PCC, I uploaded it, and got the all clear for an ETA. Now, however, when I submit the Police certificate and Subject Access, there will be a question mark about why I didn't do a full disclosure (the reason I left it out was because I didn't know it would be on there, since I was only fined). Could this lead to outright rejection of my application?

I'm wondering what to do, should I write a letter explaining my mistake and apologising, should I just include the PCC and wait for them to ask about further details later down the line? Should I consult an immigration lawyer?

edit: oh and I'm curious, does Canada communicate with the UK to verify my history?

Last edited: