+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK self employed

Whitetoo

Mar 21, 2012
Hello immigration gurus!

I am new here and hope to learn a lot more about the Canadian immigration processes. I've spent a good 6 months in Canada over the past couple of years for pleasure purposes but now wish to venture into the immigration process as this has always been a lifetime goal. I have spent a lot of time studying the immigration website but I've now tried to take in so much information I feel like I'm going around in circles.

I own a Ltd company here in the UK which provides digital marketing services. Most of the business is conducted online which makes it very easy to relocate.

Do I have any chance at all to submit my application under self-employed or am I barking up the wrong tree. Would anyone be kind enough to provide any advice in my situation?
I would really like to relocate the company to Canada but of course I need to try and do it in the right way (if at all possible).

I thank you all in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Whitetoo said:
Hello immigration gurus!

I am new here and hope to learn a lot more about the Canadian immigration processes. I've spent a good 6 months in Canada over the past couple of years for pleasure purposes but now wish to venture into the immigration process as this has always been a lifetime goal. I have spent a lot of time studying the immigration website but I've now tried to take in so much information I feel like I'm going around in circles.

I own a Ltd company here in the UK which provides digital marketing services. Most of the business is conducted online which makes it very easy to relocate.

Do I have any chance at all to submit my application under self-employed or am I barking up the wrong tree. Would anyone be kind enough to provide any advice in my situation?
I would really like to relocate the company to Canada but of course I need to try and do it in the right way (if at all possible).

I thank you all in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

1. Probably barking up the wrong tree. Read the definition of self employed. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/self-employed/index.asp

Self-employed persons

The Self-Employed Persons Program seeks to attract applicants who intend and are able to become self-employed in Canada. Self-employed persons must have either:

relevant experience that will make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada or
experience in farm management and the intention and ability to purchase and manage a farm in Canada.

javedjee90

Sep 9, 2011
medical alarm

I’m impressed, I must say. Really seldom do I see a forum that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. Your thoughts is important; the issue is something that not a lot of people are talking intelligently about. I’m really happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
you do not qualify under the self employed category, you might qualify under the entrepreneur if they open it again.