+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK resident Dual Citizenship.

Yandelle

Feb 10, 2018
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. My father was born in Canada and moved to the UK sometime in the 1980s. Does this mean I can apply for Canadian citizenship and passport etc.

If so how do i go about this given that I have no contact with my father. My older sister from his first marriage recently informed me that she got her Canadian passport before

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. My father was born in Canada and moved to the UK sometime in the 1980s. Does this mean I can apply for Canadian citizenship and passport etc.

If so how do i go about this given that I have no contact with my father. My older sister from his first marriage recently informed me that she got her Canadian passport before
Start here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship.html

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

You will need your father's birth certificate. If you don't have it, you cannot apply for it on your own while your father is living. Your older sister would have needed it to get her citizenship certificate (to apply for a Canadian passport), so maybe she has a copy or can get one from your father.